Modern Warfare slow download?

Why don’t you just let us download it online instead of forcing this crap installer/launcher on us. Only getting 1.5m down on a 90g file. Taking days instead of the hour or so that it should. That or provide an actual fix for it. Have tried VPN, no malware at all on here and the settings are set to unlimited. So I’ve bought 2 additional programs to try and fix it aside from this game that I can’t play anytime you decide to update it.

8 Likes

This WORKS!!! Use windscribe!

1 Like

Was scrolling through, seeing what works, Saw Windscribe and it actually worked! I went from 2.5mb to 15mb+. Im from Canada and have it set somewhere in Canada but it works and its free! Download windscribe VPN

1 Like

Still didn’t fix mine :frowning:

Denver, CO - USA. I’m staring at a 1.9 Mbps download speed - exactly the same speed I got 4 days ago when downloading the last unreasonably large 60+GB ‘patch’ (read whole friggen game reinstall) This is why no one likes you Blizzard - Steam updates games just fine with my exact setup. All other downloads for any other reason except for you Blizzard work fine and I see speeds in the 15-20Mbps range. If you’re going to trap good games like COD behind your walled garden at least invest in your network. Call your colocation provider and have them add bandwidth, Blizzard. This is unacceptable.

7 Likes

Also, just remembering paying $60 for this game. Fix your update distribution channels Blizzard. I paid you, please deliver usable service.

12 Likes

This only helped me for a couple of hours I AM BACK AT 140 KB…I am losing the will with this seriously

It would seem that the closer i get to the finish the slower the download speed is. i have been updating for 3 freaking days and with 30GB remaining, the speed is dropping to 50Bs not even KBs… are you Kidding me?

3 Likes

I was having this issue as well until I noticed that my wireless adapter was connecting to my network over 2.4GHz band. I went into Device Manager, went into the properties for my network adapter, and under Advanced I set the “Preferred Band” from auto to 5GHz. After I changed I went from 400KB/s to 15+MB/s.

Hope this helps more of you!

2 Likes

That TotalAV Webshield is the culprit. So much for buying protection. For months, I was struggling and with disabling Webshield, I am cranking 40MB/s from 700k/s

2 Likes

EVERYONE THIS IS THE FIX IT
I DID THIS AND NOW IM AT 100 MBs

Vpn worked for me as well

•Router Brand: TP-LINK

•Router Model : AC1200 version 2.0

•If you have QoS or SIP ALG settings on your router, what is it set to? Does changing these setting affect the download speed? No

•If you bypass your router completely does it resolve the problem?
No bypasss

finially vpn works : protonvpn

Yeah I’m having the same issue with COD:MW and Warzone, I’m getting MAX 20 MB/s but I have 460 Mbps down which is 57 MB/s and I have zero issues with Steam but the moment I use battle.net it’s like my download is being capped and I know my router n everything is fine… I have no issues downloading anywhere else it’s only Battle.net so has to be something with their servers or data center or something.

2 Likes

Well seems I’m the odd one out with this problem, no malware. Updated the routers driver, Literally bought Nord VPN to try and fix this (There’s a sale for like 9 more days btw) Still didn’t help at all.

Spent all day downloading 100 Gb’s with a 2 to 5 Mbs, so It wont be a problem in a bit, but id like to not have to wait forever for an update next time, maybe?

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! Once I deactivated I got 28MB/s vs. >1MB/s

Installed for the new release, going on 4 days, says I have another 103 GB left at 650KB/s, on a FTTP connection. Really? Steam can download a 20GB game in under an hour. I have been playing CoD since 2003 but I think this is the last one I will buy from you guys.

Hey all,

I’m quoting our original findings for this and closing the thread, so that the information doesn’t get buried under new posts. This is a very old thread which got bumped a few times, but our findings are still relevant today. If the information below does not help you, please create your own thread or contact support.