Modern Warfare : No in game chat icon/audio

Just deleting the files worked wonders for me. Thanks for the solution.

1 Like

OK!!! UPDATE!

This worked for me man, you are an absolute legend @d1g1tlshad0w
I have an update on the campaign problem. You can save your achievements by not deleting the achievements file found in the players directory when going into documents.

I tried to save my campaign file by not deleting the save game file (SVG document), however that did not work. Im assuming it has to do with another file and the fact that its an internet file of sorts, but I haven’t explored it further.

Anywho, thanks so much for a solution!!! <3

1 Like

I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH. How did you know this works? I was trying to find a fix for quite some time now and this is the only thing that worked.

1 Like

I work in the cloud IT field, started to suspect it was an issue with synced settings since reinstall does not fix it and it acts as if no microphone is present.

I did what you said and it didn’t work. any other solutions?

1 Like

Not all heroes wear capes

1 Like

If it was working before, try the steps again. It sometimes does not take on the first attempt. Also double check all sound settings in the battle.net client, game and windows control panel.

Worked for me. Thanks. Hope there’s an update on how to save campaign progress but i dont really mind playing again.

1 Like

My guyyy!!! You are a saint! This worked for me! Thank you SO much! Now I can hear the salt when I one tap from the hip with the magnum XD!!

1 Like

Thanks d1g1tlshad0w this worked.

1 Like

I have exact the same problem and reinstall doesn’t solve the problem. delete the players folder don’t solve the problem.
Anyone has the solution for that?

Whenever I reload the game the all the files comeback as if I never deleted them…Idk what’s going on

None of these suggestions seem to have an affect on my game. I’ve deleted and edited the things directed to in the Players folder (twice), as well have I tried running the game with administrator privileges. The actual Battlenet application DOES detect my microphone and when I test it with the “Test my Microphone” option I can hear myself. I will continue to search for a possible fix and will report back if I end up getting it fixed.

1 Like

Haven’t worked for me either; I’ve done it several times… I don’t understand what this game is doing.

EDIT: If I plug in a PS4 controller it reads it as a mic though… It makes no sense.

The game should auto create the files again when you reload. However your setting should still be set to 0 until you change it back to 1 in the .ini file.

Just deleting the folder does not work for everyone. Did you try my steps?

This fix is for PC, I do not believe it would work the same way on consoles.

omg digitlshadow I want to blow you.

1 Like

LOL!! Well I hope you are a cute female :slight_smile:

Hi,

Did not work for me. Admini rights on .exe, setting the adv file to 0, and then to 1, Nothing work.
I can’t hear myself in the game and can’t hear nobody else.