Modern Warfare : No in game chat icon/audio

Can you tell me if voice chat was ever working for you before the 1.07 update?

You are beautiful. Worked like a charm.

1 Like

Mine was working before. After the update it stopped but this fixed it.

1 Like

Thank you so much digital. You are a beast.

1 Like

Thanks for the help it finally worked for me!

1 Like

This worked for me. For those who say it didnt, thats fake news.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! I have never posted on any of these forums before you are a GOD. I have been searching all day for a solution to this!

1 Like

not all heros wear capes! thank you man

1 Like

Want to confirm digitalshadow’s method works. Ridiculous the devs couldn’t do that themselves for thousands of PC players…but ok

1 Like

The folder wasn’t in my users. only place i could find it is in my games folder.

This definitely works. Thanks my dude.

1 Like

It appears that the problem is that COD MW doesn’t even see that I have a mic. It works in the battlenet test area, and through other games and TS3. But in COD MW no dice.

I have tried your steps and it still doesn’t work for me. I have tried even keeping the file open so that it couldn’t be overwritten, still didn’t fix it for me. In the audio section of the options the test thing doesn’t move and I never have the icon. Any other ideas I could try?

@MBrown121500
i am having the same issue… they advertise it as cross play but we don’t have a system that we can communicate on all 3 platforms… i have tried all the videos on yt and this and yet i still dont see my mic in game and cant hear a soul… sad

O its not even the cross platform, at the moment there is ZERO in game comms for me, makes it VERY hard to do any type of teamwork!!

THANKS it worked!!!

1 Like

Hard to say, there are many variables. Most people have tried several things, from game settings, to playback settings in windows audio and then finally this fix. My only suggestion would be to go back through all game settings, even Blizzard app settings for voice, plus all of the audio settings under the playback tab in windows (sound control panel). Then retrace my steps, for some it didn’t work the first time. Also When you go back to change the options file, if “configcloudstorageenabled” didn’t stay saved as 0 until you manually put it back to 1 something went wrong.

I had to log out of all my other gaming services…like Steam and epic games before i finally got it to work.

1 Like

YOO, This worked wonders! Been trying to fix this issue for the past week or two and nothing ever worked and finally this worked!! I did lose the campaign progress, but i had already finished it so it wasn’t a problem!

1 Like

I tried absolutely everything I could find on the internet. Went venturing on my own, even into regedit and such. MY FIX: go to the installation folder, on both ModernWarefare.exe and the launcher right click > Properties > Compatability > Run as Administrator, save and Walla. It was working before one of the patches, have been dealing with it for weeks and finally try running the .exe as administrator, worked so I just toggled this on and no problems.

1 Like

I literally spent HOURS on google and YT looking for this exact fix! Thank you!

1 Like