[Main Thread] Your login session has expired

Looking through the posts, I see that many have the same issue with the “expired” login session. My first reaction was that someone had accessed my account from another location, as I was recently made away that some of my older (including the one used for Blizzard) passwords had been found on the dark web.

I immediately changed my password, and made sure all other information was up to date as well.

It is now 2 days later, and the issue still presents it’s self. Seeing that others have deleted their cache, and also done re-installs of the launcher with change in results. So I am at a loss as to what can be done at this point.

Edit to add
My son has not had an issue with the launcher. The main differences between between his and mine are that he plays retail WoW on a laptop, and I play classic WotLK on a desktop.

Wait for Blizzard.   :slight_smile:

You can try the clearing your login info as suggested in: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/main-thread-your-login-session-has-expired/43469/45 – it didn’t work for me but, perhaps, it will work for you.

Cheers !

1 Like

Lots of people here Blizzard, lets wrap this up.

It happens to me when I wake up and bring my PC out of sleep.
It says your log in expired and have to log in again.
I’ve never had this issue ever with this app before.

And the keep me logging in is check marked YES.

I can confirm as well that so far this seems to have worked for me.

Clearing the login info does nothing but ask for email on top of password. Next launch still the same error, the app tries to connect as normal then resets with empty password and asks for it with the 000023 error.

I noticed this seems to happen when my pc goes into sleep and I try to launch the app after it wakes up. This didn t use to happen until the last update

Howdy!

We are attempting to track down the source of this issue. Battle.net logs would help our team track down and resolve this issue faster. If anyone impacted by error BLZBNTBGS80000023 (47) could please collect their logs following the steps Here. Attach the logs to an Email then Email us from your registered Battle.net Email address to:

Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: BLZBNTBGS80000023

This will help our team greatly! Thank you.

4 Likes

I’ve tried sending in my file via email and I keep getting sent back that my email is too large.

1 Like

I was taking an error then try to send the logs: “550 5.7.0 Message Size Violation.”

2 Likes

I am also having this issue. Been happening the last week.

That’s quite a lot of information about my system, my environment etc. I would first like to know what you intend to do with this data besides analysing it to find the error.
Will the data be deleted after the task is finished? Or will it be deleted after 6 month. What data will you keep for further analysis? Will the data be anonymised if it’s kept on your servers?

Because the letter with file doesn’t send, i took responsibility and attached a link to the file on Gdrive in this letter. You can try to take it if you care. Erm… Good luck!

1 Like

E-mail rejected → Message size violation !
(1.6 MBytes ???)

==================

Resent the logs as a OneDrive link – I hope this works for you.

What is your log file size? Mine was 2MB, easily within the limits of Outlook or Google Mail. I guess you could always set up a Google Drive or other cloud link instead.

It’s possible that people’s log files have gotten so large with time that they are hitting huge sizes.

Something to try is to clear Bnet files and caches:

… and then run the launcher normally until the session expired error pops up again. Then, at that point, collect the logs and try sending it.

1 Like

The file is being rejected by Blizzard, I think. My ZIP file size was “1.59 MB (1,671,168 bytes)”

In the Diagnostic info I got back, it says:

Informations de diagnostic pour les administrateurs :

Serveur de génération : URL redacted

Techinfo@blizzard.com
URL redacted
Remote server returned ‘550 5.7.0 Message Size Violation’

I tried sending my logs as well (a whopping 800K) but like others above they were rejected.

1 Like

I let Bliz know about the rejections.

3 Likes

I had this issue until I went into "C:\ProgramData" and there were two folders “battle.net” and “battle.net_components” or something like that. I deleted both folders and when I reopened the app, it logged in fine no problem.

The issue seems to be fixed since doing that. I’ve opened and closed the app at least 3 times now without being asked for password.

2 Likes

Mine seems to be fixed ??

I only did some basic testing :

• I shut-down my PC, waited 1 minute, and re-started it
  • I exited the App completely and re-started it

In both cases, it remembered my password and I didn’t have to type it in.

Same issue here, but I wouldn’t care less if it was just about typing in my password every time I start my computer.
I play OW2 and my BNet account crashes mid-game (it happens unpredictably, I might play quite a few matches before it happens), causing the game to crash as well. At first I just get disconnected from the match for a few secs, then automatically connect back to the same match, but within few more secs everything crashes completely, I get logged out of BNet and the game itself, until I restart BNet and the game. Thanks god I don’t play comp, I’d be banned for good now for leaving this many matches.
My bf that I’m playing with has the same issue and it happens simultaneously (we live together and use the same Wi-Fi) but other services such as Discord keep on working just fine. Tried deleting cash folders but not sure if it’ll be helpful enough.

1 Like