[Main Thread] Nov 15 - Blizzard Launcher crashes

I started it in offline mode and it stayed up. But the SECOND that I went online, poof, gone.

I just bought Vanguard and when it went to install it now gives me an unexpected error and then crashes. I was playing Warzone fine before i bought this and started downloading. Now when i close the app and then open it it wont even stay up. Just crashes and gives me a blizzard error code.

my code F5EEA34E-59BA-499F-92D8-F7432588CC84

Seems to be working now!

Hmm my launcher might be working again, at least it didnt crash atm… im too scared to restart it xD

I start the app as “Appear offline” and that seems to have fixed it. For now.

This issue appears to be related to your friends list, so that is why staying offline is serving as a workaround for some of you :slight_smile:

It looks like the culprit has been identified and they’re getting it corrected now. Hopefully we’ll start seeing successful log ins soon.

2 Likes

When starting up battle.net it crashes almost immediately. It was working fine yesterday. I tried deleting the battle.net cache, uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, running battle.net as admin, and deleting and reinstalling battle.net.

Help! I cannot play any of my games.

Error I get: The application encountered an unexpected error.

Report ID: 8D83BBC6-E992-4F5F-AE7D-92A7BF48C0BC

Hey, so i unistalled and installed then didnt log in after this i picked the game i wanted to play and logged in that way “went to windows and double clicked vanguard then logged in and it worked” hopefully this works for you!!!

Works for me now after trying for 1 hour :slight_smile:

I am now able to login and it appears to be working!

Same problem here, app crashes when I open it.

Ok, it does look like the server side changes have been made so folks should start to be able to log in again as those changes get picked up.

I see a couple success reports already but I’ll keep this topic open a little longer just to confirm.

1 Like

I was able to log in stable without any issue
one down at least :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea folks usually just stop posting once it’s fixed :slight_smile: So not surprised to see the speed of replies to this thread slow down now.

Hi Guys,
You can deinstall battle.net and install again. Start battle.net without logging in, clicking on config icon and choose start without login.
Once you are in Battle.net app, login and then battle.net is installing updates.
This fixed the issue for me.
Regards
M.

Had the same issue this morning, seems to be fixed now, launcher actually staying open now

it works now, thank you!

The issue was caused by a server side configuration issue, so there is no need to uninstall/reinstall or update any files on your computer :slight_smile:

The fix was applied to the server directly which is why folks are now able to launch without crashing.

I’ve seen a good number of confirmations across our various forums so it seems safe to consider this incident resolved. I’ll go ahead and lock the topic so it doesn’t get bumped with unrelated reported.

Again, thank you all for your patience today :slight_smile:

1 Like