[Main Thread] Can't launch the Battle.net App - DLL error

This is the only thing that has worked for me. Thought it might have been my system but no, of course not. Thanks again Blizzard.

I successfully downloaded that now, but sadly it didn’t fix the problem for me

guess I’ll go with the workaround by using an older battlenet folder for now

Finally something that works for me! Thanks!

appreciate you for forwarding that zip, it’s working that way

I’ll be using that workaround until there’s a better solution

This works for me. All other suggestions are not working. I thought it is my computer not alright, but it is the blizz version screwed.

Solved this problem with Win update.
Thanx a lot!

1 Like

Thanks for your shared file link. It works!

Thanks to the user who posted a previous version of battle net.

/file/2op97srx95eut4a/Battle.net.13401.zip/file

I installed Bnet and replaced with the files above and that did the job.
I would quote the user, but i was reading and trying a bunch of things, i missed the og post.
its on media fire dot com

so … a log was created … and then what? no instructions on what to do after that… just d/l this and run it and at the end hit enter… then you have this …
WTF … WTF am i suppsoed to do with this?
i dont know… i dont program?
mind blowing how it does not say what to do with it…
How much are you not paying attention

ahh i see you changed your post now
so we email it … thanks for finally realizing your error

DLL manquante, idem je suis sous windows 7. Je jouais hier nikel et le bugg apparait dans la soirée. Le problème vient surement de l’installation de ce patch. Blibli ce n’est pas de notre faute, mais au contraire de VOTRE faute. Bref en attendant qu’un bleu nous apporte une solution svp. D autres part j ai effectué et installé Log gobelin et toujours le meme message d erreur “DLL manqua nte”? Je m en remet a votre bon sens =)

“Your message was not delivered because the recipient’s email provider rejected it”

Because why…?

2 Likes

Exaclty same thing to me

I downloaded this package I deleted the Battle.net.13434 folder and threw Battle.net.13401 but unfortunately the appcrash still pops up

1 Like

I submitted a ticket. Reply is that the problems is with Windows 7. Well, a lot of people here are on Windows 10 and I myself have problem on Windows 11 where I have Diablo3 installed. Apparently they are working on it. For those who have to reinstall upon re-opening Battlenet App for it to work again, that is good except in my case,and I’m sure many cannot even get it to work once the required DLL not found error comes up. I am going to update my ticket about it not working on Windows 11 too. Meanwhile they say to wait. Problem is this is like when I was playing WOW for years since Blizzard games ever got created. The next day I could not log in - message your video driver is not compatible. So, how many people have the same video driver among the million users? Not only that many on Windows 7 can’t even use an updated video card because of limitations. The push to get a brand new PC stinks of more than just video card. No warning - just an every day game experience sudden cut off. This was before Shadowlands was on offer for a preupgrade. I lost my remaining subscription time which Blizzard does not address either following the back and forth about incompatible hardware. This was in 2019 when I totally left WOW. D3 is the only game I updated to ROS and have a lifetime free to play status. Are they pushing subscription for D3 now. Does not the free to play subscription not going to be honored because they can change TOS? This seems to be another push for the new Diablo series but then the excuse it is Windows 7 does not wash. Looks to be the day for Blizzard to die is rapidly approaching with anything they do in tandem with anything Microsoft especially.

@Starnuria: Hi,

Have you tried installing the following patches :

• 32-bit Windows 7 : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45588
  • 64-bit Windows 7 : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45633

Many reports that those solve the issue on Windows 7.

Good luck !

6 Likes

Unreal89, thanks for your time sharing this solution. The folder swapping worked for me. (downloaded the folder from the link you provided, deleted the old one and unzipped this under battle.net folder.)

After installing the patch i can play now,tnx

1 Like

what patch did you install?
I have windows 10 21H2 and reinstalling battle.net didn’t work.

I will provide a link to another, earlier folder “Battle.net.13365”. You can try that maybe.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ei5bf2dmg4k4zw4/Battle.net.13365.zip/file

Otherwise…
Did you try to reinstall Battle Net again? You could try that along with removing all previous Battle Net data and cache. Or move those folders elsewhere temporarily and install again, to see if maaaybe that helps. Blizzard described it in those articles (basically the same thing in both).
Deleting Battle.net Files - Blizzard Support
Deleting the Battle.net Cache Folder - Blizzard Support

1 Like