Main Thread. Blizzard Agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up

Everyone has the issue it seems

So my battle.net app would show the message that the stupid agent went to sleep and wouldn’t log me in - i searched the web profusely and did many things that I thought would resolve the issue.

I reinstalled the app and this only made it worse, it now wouldn’t get past the “installing new updates” or whatever it says…

Anyway I watched this video and it resolved everything - How to Repair Battle.net Agent Stuck (WORKING 2021) - YouTube

2 Likes

Okay this video saved me. Thanks for the link <3

1 Like

Same issue here too.

same here!..

Same issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled as well. Games couldn’t be located but when re-launching the launcher it is stuck at Blizzard agent went to sleep again.

1 Like

Same here in Europe … I played overwatch in the morning and there was no problem … I went out for lunch , returned and I saw this . Tried deleting the battle.net folder in programdata , I went in , tried to located overwatch and kicked me out lolz .

S(h)ame, ding ding

1 Like

How about a “We’re looking into it” instead of locking threads about it?

If its server side, that wont do jack rigth?

Hey all!

Our Engineers are on the case! We are currently investigating and posting updates regarding this here.

10 Likes

except COD, unable to launch via exe

2 Likes

Same issue. Windows installed updates overnight. Now I have this blizzard sleeping error.

Lights a sage stick Ahem… Oh old gods of Blizzard, hear my plea!! Restoereth my Warcraft for it is my stress reducer and I cant punch anyone when I feel like. As above so below. So mote it be. (u_u)

1 Like

It’s not your update, it’s Blizzard. I’m having the same issue and didn’t do any updates.

1 Like

The problem did not work itself out even after all this:

Restarted computer in Safe Mode:

1. Select the Start Windows logo Start button button, then choose Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Update & Security Circular arrows Sync icon > Recovery.
  2. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
  3. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. You may be asked to enter your BitLocker recovery key.
  4. After your PC restarts again, select the startup setting you want to use.

Uninstalled Battle.Net agent

1. Open “Windows Settings”
  2. Click “Apps”
  3. Under “Apps & Features”, find “Battle.net”. Click it then click the “Uninstall” button.
  4. When Battle.net agent uninstallation is completed, open Windows Explorer (+)
  5. Open folder “C:\ProgramData”
  6. Delete folder “Battle.net”
  7. Restart you computer as normal.

Reinstalled Battle.net agent

1. Goto Battle.net App – Blizzard Entertainment to download the battle.net agent.
  2. When complete, run the file you downloaded to reinstall the agent. It may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection speed.
  3. When installation is complete, the agent should run normally and will detect your games.

The agent ran ok once and even started updating Diablo 3 again (why i do not know). If the agent is closed and re-opened, the “Blizzard agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up” message was again displayed.

This time, however, the is a warning message in dark red about an issue affecting the authentication servers…

2 Likes

I haven’t launched the game in years outside of the launcher. I know my account name but honestly don’t remember the password. Any idea where I can go in my blizzard account to find it?

1 Like

Sad to say it, but it is back to fortnite …

1 Like

ohkie, i’m not alone

Mac users should use the following pathway (e.g., for Wow Classic): Applications --> World of Warcraft --> classic ----> World of Warcraft Classic. As others mentioned, don’t use the battle.net launcher; go straight to the game application and launch it

1 Like

Apparently I am not the on one with this issue…
So many people responding in such short time. This is really big issue. Blizzard agents, please wake up…

1 Like