[Main Thread] Battle.net App freezing my entire PC

Battle.net suddenly did not remember me and started freezing my PC today as soon as i logged in - note I did NOT update anything.

Anyhow, downloaded latest Nvidia drivers and that fixed it. Battle.bet app reset on its own and i had to re-locate the game files/folder.

1 Like

While updating the driver to 452.06 seems to have solved the total freeze, I still am having the issue where the Battle.Net launcher will fail to update the “main area”. That is, where it normally displays the news and videos related to whatever game is selected.

Choosing a new game on the left side will update the background, but the news will be from the previous game. On a fresh launch it seems to be fine but after a while of being open in the background, it happens. Only started after this whole issue.

Edit: Still giving TDR errors in windows with Battle.net. It just doesn’t freeze. Check reliability monitor.

Hey guys I am having the same issue. Upon opening the battle.net app, if I click on it at all, my computer freezes for about 60 seconds then I get a blue screen of death. I use 500gb Western Digital solid state drive and Windows 10. I have updated all drivers and firmware + reset the whole thing because I thought it was a problem with my own SSD. Glad to see that others are sharing the same problem. I can run Steam games just fine, so I think the issue might be on Blizz’s end. Hope there is a solution soon.

I should add - my GPU is an ASUS GeForce RTX. I am not using NVIDIA as the others have stated.

Ok I am dumb - my GPU was NVIDIA after all. I downloaded GeForce Experience and updated my GPU to version 452.06. I am now able to open battle.net and am reinstalling WoW as we speak. Hope this works for all of you too.

So what do we do if our Nvidia cards are already updated
? This entire week battle net has been consistently dragging or skipping and missing its typical performance mark in my opinion. Now I can’t even get games to open off the APP and it seems to totally freeze anything from opening related to blizz. I can open WoW just fine but SC2 will just sit with loading bar.

So is this **** fixed yet? I updated my Nvidia Driver and it still freezes. Boggles my mind why you guys throw some update right before the weekend that could BSOD everyone.

2 Likes

Same issue since yesterday. However, the update to latest NVIDIA driver seems to fix it. As right now I am on version 452.X and Battle.net launches without issue when I am on “World of Warcraft” tab (videos/commercials load without problems).

Correct battle net issue fixed
 now we have another issue when in full windowed mode when ever I go to a loading screen my monitors go black and my screen switches monitors on its own 
 and then on some random loads just freezes up. What is going on?

To add some information here, as it happened to my friend, and happened to me before. The issue seems to come from the code Blizzard adds to the launcher from the ‘Arena Stream’ that is put up. There is a massive error in the code as it only occurs when this is activated, it suddenly ‘fixed’ because the stream was removed.

I have uninstalled my drivers with DDU, installed the latest Nvidia Game Ready Driver directly from their website, without GeForce Experience installed as some have suggested. I have also disabled hardware acceleration.

My game STILL freezes within minutes of starting. This is not fixing the problem for me and I’m at the point I can’t keep trying to fix this as it’s putting my actual hardware at risk by freezing and crashing so many times. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Worked for me too! Updated drivers and turned off acceleration and it’s back to normal.

I had this issue yesterday , i downloaded the DDU , and after reinstalled my Graphics Card Driver Program, and than the game started working ,
I log on today i’m experiencing the same issue that made me unable to play the game for most of yesterday.

We should not have to go out of our way to uninstall drivers and all this nonsense. No offense but you guys have to fix this problem. I’m not risking damaging my computer.

Im also having the exact same problem, anyone tryed contacting blizzard? if you did what did they say?

I’m having the same issue.

The posted solution works and the battle.net app now launches without freezing.
However, the embedded videos have artifacting-like streaks going through it.

Same problem here. After reinstalling it worked for a while and now it’s stuck again.

Haven’t seen anything from Blizzard saying they are working on it or not. One would think they could care enough to say so.

Same issues as above. Launching app directly - not using launcher does work. Waiting this one out.