Low drop in dungeons

20 runs and no single drop green…thats new patch?

2 Likes

thats why its a random number generator aka RNG

Yes, we know it’s random. That’s why, in the patch from a couple of days ago, they brought in a “pity counter” that’s supposed to ensure you get a set item guaranteed after a number of dungeon runs…

Dungeon Set Item Drops

All Dungeons will now drop a guaranteed Set Item after many Dungeon completions in a row that did not result in a Set Item being dropped. Dungeons boosted by the Codex have a lower threshold before a guaranteed Set Item is dropped.

Frankly, if 20 runs isn’t enough to reach this many dungeons counter, especially if any, or all, of those runs were in the boosted dungeons, then it’s either broken or effectively worthless.

4 Likes

던전클리어시 세트아이템 드랍율 심각합니다 다른계정에 비해서 현저히 낮은 드랍율을 보이고있습니다. 분명히 계정자체의 드랍율설정에 문제가 있어보입니다 제계정의던전 클리어 횟수대비 던전 세트아이템 드랍비율을 확인해주시기바랍니다.

그리고 새주제쓰기 일부러 감춰둔거같은데 왜 주제를 못쓰게 해놨습니까??

Google translate gives us…

And it seems like you deliberately hid the new topic, so why didn’t you let me use it??

No-one has hidden your new topic. Here’s your posting history…

And here’s your thread about the same thing…

The forum software deliberately prevents a poster who creates the thread from being able to reply to their own opening post until and unless someone else replies. This is to prevent a poster repeatedly replying to their own post in an attempt to keep their thread at the top of the forum. They can, however, click the little blue pencil under their opening post to enter Edit mode, amend the post, add more details to it, and so on. They just can’t keep bumping their own thread.

Agreed. The drops have actually gotten worse since this fix.

2 Likes

Haha… thx guys for opening the post. Same here I was trying to see the guaranteed drop after „many“ dungeons. But two days in row nottin except the guaranteed green from 3 runs battlepass. So yeah they messed it up again and it is even worse than before and it was already disgusting low! Blizzard u and the noobs from netease really have no control over your drop rates. Get please a real experienced programmer on that task that has become a total mess…

1 Like

Today, I’ve been exclusively farming Cavern of Echoes which, on the server I’m on, is a boosted dungeon this week. I ran the dungeon 40 times, making a note of when I got a set item drop, with this result…

Set Drop on Run Number Gap Between Set Drop
9 9
15 6
28 13
29 1
32 3
40 8

So, the biggest gap between set drops was 13 runs, i.e. the pity counter cannot be lower than that and that’s for a boosted dungeon. The counter is higher for non-boosted dungeons. I’d suspect that the guarantee is probably at 15 for boosted dungeons. No idea what it might be for non-boosted.

1 Like

Drop rate is around 5% if you aren’t doing the guaranteed. This basically means you will never see one without doing hundreds of runs to get a large sample size and even the statistical average. On the plus side, they also nerfed legendary drop rates 90% this patch.

Unreal. Drop rates were bad before this latest update, now they are virtually non existent! 22 runs today and not a single drop. 25 yesterday, zero drops. At least 20 the day before, ZERO DROPS. What an absolute joke!

1 Like

You are luckier than I, if I ran 40 dungeons I might have looted 3 greens. It took us 1.5 hours to run 14. So almost 4 hours for 3 greens. I dare not change classes again to strength or int and back. It sucks, next to battle grounds and useless essences this is the next worst thing about the game.

Are you really claiming to have done 67 dungeon runs without a single set item dropping?

Drop rates are bad though. They give you set upgrades and then you don’t get the wisps you need.

Which character are you playing? My friend has got the same problem, he is pissed off, zero drop, he is playing wizard