Learning to code, need item database

I am dabbling in C++ and wanted to build an app that goes through the combat log parses (the warcraft logs one, not the in-game ones like Details!/Recount/Skada) and could give me a sum of a player’s stats like agility, attack power, spell crit, etc.

What is the easiest way to get this?

I tried using this sample: htt ps://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_72_0/libs/beast/doc/html/beast/quick_start/http_client.html

and it works for something like wowh ead. com but gets an error 301 resource moved if I try to get this:
htt ps://www.wowhead.c om/item=1 37377&xml

Maybe I should learn how to do the “curl” requests it looks like are in your API but I just wanted to see if something like this already existed before I get sidetracked in to a huge thing about the C++ HTTP resources.

Also the developer token things…it’s asking me for a url to redirect site users to or something, but I don’t have a site.

Greetings Paladine,

To answer a subset of your questions (at a high level), you are going to want to leverage the Client Credentials flow to obtain an Access Token. This flow does not require any redirects or servers. Please note though that this is only sufficient for a client application which you do not intend on sharing with other people (your own personal use only, etc), as otherwise, you risk exposing your sensitive credentials with anyone you let use the application, which we advise against.

As for cURL, this is just a low-level example we used on how to consume the APIs. I believe there is a cURL implementation in C++, however, you can translate the cURL calls into another API if something else fits better. The gist of it is that you will need to execute an HTTP POST request to retrieve an access token, and then subsequent HTTP GET requests to consume resources (and include the token with each request for authentication).

Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:.