"Last Played" is redundant and needs to go away!

Who gets paid to approve these kinds of changes? If it must stay please give an option to turn it off.

24 Likes

Agree, Completely idiotic… Way to waste Dev hours on useless un-need features that nobody asked for.

14 Likes

I would absolutely love the launcher of 2 big updates ago. I hate this ad filled launcher. I hate Last Played taking up real estate. I hate that I can’t completely hide the Friend list instead of, you know, if I care to see friends I could manually open it with a menu or something. I hate that a selected game is full of ads for every other game, up top. It’s amazing how they keep making the launcher worse.

10 Likes

I 100% would like to see an option to hide last played since it eats into favorites. :frowning:

8 Likes

+1 to the “remove this, or at least let us turn it off”.

It’s ugly and takes up a huge amount of space for almost no benefit. Add an option to double click a favorite icon to instantly launch if the split seconds it takes to click a game and then click play is an issue

7 Likes

Can we get an option to completely disable this, please? It’s unnecessary and actually makes it more annoying to launch stuff now. I don’t think anyone asked for this, but giving us the option to use it would be better than pushing it on people with little to no way to disable it entirely.

5 Likes

The ability to quickly chose between Wrath Classic and Classic is now almost impossible without launching the wrong game multiple times.
Please make it easier to choose which version of classic I want to launch.
I play Wrath more, but do play HC classic, and the launcher goes to last played version (Wrath) every time.
Make it easy without having to juggle in settings, it was easy before, now its a PITA.

1 Like

Agreed. Let me get rid of this feature. You already let us have “Favorites”, and organize them as we like. So I HAVE the game on my list in the order I WANT them in. This new feature bumps some of my games off the list now, defeating the purpose of having that “Favorites”.

4 Likes

It´s a pointless feature that only makes the app worse in terms of overview and functionality.

Favourites + the launcher starting on the last played games page already gives the functionality without a clunky bar that drains on the space for the favourites bar.

3 Likes

+1 “Last Played” is redundant and needs to go away!

2 Likes

+1 “Last played” feature on Battlenet launcher needs to go away or at least have an option of disabling it.

1 Like

Get rid of this ridiculous “feature”

1 Like

another +10000 for it being a waste of space!

1 Like

If you select “last played” in settings, you will get the old launcher page back.

It is optional.

Just de-select it in “settings” and choose “home” instead.

Can you point out where in settings this option to turn off the ‘last played’ feature is?

Because I have been through all the settings in launcher ver. 2.21.1.14206 and there is no option regarding ‘last played’.

1 Like

They are talking about the page the launcher displays when it’s opened: the “Home” page or the last game page that was viewed. There isn’t a way to hide the last played bar.

1 Like

I have to agree, the icons were already ordered by most frequently played. Adding a new bar for this just reduces the overall usable space so that you can list the same buttons twice. Also while 5 year old me would kick me for this, I actually kind of like looking at the launcher pages specific for each game to see what news there is. I don’t care about it 90% of the time but that 10% still makes it worth looking. The only things the new buttons do is avoid seeing that page in favor of this unified garbage page that has never been worthwhile to me.

1 Like

Last played bar is a solution looking for a problem to fix and failing to find one.

Choosing the game you want to play wasn’t taking minutes because we have a favorites bar which was an actual good idea. But the other part about selecting the game page, is that you can see if it needs an update.

2 Likes