Laggy + Not responding + Download stuck + try again as admin

My bnet launcher basically isn’t usable at all. Every 2-5 seconds it reaches 25% CPU usage, doesn’t respond for a moment, repeat; it is also spitting out the try as administrator error BLZBNTAGT00000841 ( BLZBNTAGT00000841 - Blizzard Support ) often while doing that. The freezing already happens at the login screen, before the big launcher is running.
When I’m trying to update a game it gets stuck in the infinite waiting for another update + initializing cycle.

I double checked folder permissions. I allowed communication through firewall. My internet connection is fibre via cable and very stable. I exited steam (no other game platform stuff running). I disabled all auto-updates for games.
I set both, the bnet launcher and non-launcher exe, to run as admin and also tried running both without admin.
I created a new admin account for windows and updated a game over there; at first it worked when my Diablo 3 download went from 1% to 11% but then it started doing the wait-init cycle again.
I tried reinstalling bnet 3 times; the first time just downloading the setup exe, then 2 times following Uninstalling the Battle.net Desktop App - Blizzard Support … I did not touch the folders Battle.net or Blizzard Entertainment in the hidden “ProgramData” folder though but they weren’t empty/deleted.
And of course I restarted the launcher dozens of times while making sure that after exiting there is no associated process running in taskmgr.

edit1: Trying to reinstall again but with manually cleaning appdata, programfiles and co. It doesn’t let me delete/instantly recreates 2 agent.exe inside 2 different ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.XXXX folders, 1 .Agent.exe.24.4040.temp in \Agent and 1 Agent.exe in \Agent.

edit2: I was able to delete the last mentioned files after restarting windows. Installed bnet, during startup I still got no responses occassionally, CPU usage isn’t constantly shooting to 25% anymore … or maybe it is but it’s now split between multiple processes, Diablo 3 is currently updating smoothly but not yet finished as I’m typing this update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.