ItemID AH vs Vendor

Ola,

Is there a way for me to see in the Item API endpoint if it’s a AH item or a Vendor item?

So basicly, how can I determine if it’s an item sold by a vendor (crystal vial, 3371) or farmed/sold by AH (zin’anthid, 168487)? I want to make a dynamic script for future expansions without the need for me to manually label them as such.

/love

Grumpymuppet

How do you classify some gathered items which are also sold by vendors?

Liferoot: hxxps://www.wowhead.com/item=3357/liferoot#sold-by
Starlight Rose: hxxps://www.wowhead.com/item=124105/starlight-rose#sold-by

Interesting, altho I dont think later mats are not sold by gold. So you say there is no way? @erorus Then I need to find a other way

Yes, you actually need to find another way here:

Writing you own solution for parsing the wowhead isn’t the best choice here, but it’s also an option. And of course wowhead doesn’t want to share their data with you, or anyone else. They doesn’t provide an API and their official position is:

We don’t won’t to be webscrapped

Sas148#0001 @Discord

Btw, you could ask more from @Erorus, he is part of wowhead team since 2013.

So what to do now?

You may already notice (link, if you don’t) that I have questioned the same thing couple of week ago.

So, long time ago (in the Community endpoint and Mashary era) the item endpoint does return the isAuctionable: Boolean property. Now, it doesn’t.

So, you could try Erorus’s newswire API, https://newswire.theunderminejournal.com/phpMyAdmin/ you’ll be very interested in tblDBCItem table and it’s isAuctionable column.

If you want to check if item not just have price from vendor property, but actually sold by vendor itself. Well, wow.tools and CASC Toolset (for ripping the game tables) should become your best friends.

I already noticed, that you are looking for the same data, as I do, so I guess I could predict that your next question will be relevant with reagent_items field, and how do determine which item is a reagent, and which one is derivative from

By the way, you should try to join Battle.net API Discord. Link to this discord community you could find in relative thread. Guess, it would be helpful for you.

If that’s on the table, I think he’d be more interested in tblDBCItemVendorCost

BTW, how do you post links here? I can’t post any, the forum software stops me.

1 Like

BTW, how do you post links here? I can’t post any, the forum software stops me.

Yea. I’d like to know how I am doing it too. At first, this my phrase doesn’t make any sense, but…

I know that official Blizz sites, like battle.net and forums are safe-to-post.

I heard that they also white-listed wowhead long time ago, but not from the begging, and the rest of other links I post via [code], as you may already noticed.

So, in the end, I don’t have any other secrets here.

1 Like

Thank you very much for you answer man, it helped me alot. Can you (or @Erorus) tell me what buyfromvendor and selltovendor means in tblDBCItem? Or is there any documentation about all the columns?

1 Like

There’s no documentation for newswire.

buyfromvendor: how many coppers it costs to buy this item from a vendor
selltovendor: how many coppers you get when you sell this item to a vendor

1 Like