Is skinning farming, 2x4 boe farming and raid trash farming too much banable?

I heard from a friend an read in reddit that some people got banned for these. So is this a mistake or does this count as exploit? I’m a heavy skining farmer and feel relaxed while doing it. So is it bad that I do mostly farming?

1 Like

Hello there Skyline! Blizzard has a lot of forums so it is easy to get turned around. This specific forum is for help installing and running older Blizzard games that don’t have their own dedicated forums.

World of Warcraft does have their own forums which is where questions about policy would be posted. In this case WoW Customer Support is an Information Desk that answers questions about how to navigate the the Support system, policies, services, billing, etc.

I can already tell you though that the answer is “Blizzard will not discuss botting and cheating detection methods nor will they approve a specific behavior as valid or not.”

You need to read the rules - and if you decide to use any cheating software or methods then that may get you banned. That includes keyboard and mouse macros that do things the in-game macro maker does not.

My personal advice - if something looks and acts like a bot then other players are likely to report you - that alone does not get you banned - but it can result in investigations you don’t want.

1 Like

skinning is not cheating technically. just do not do it with a bot.