"Internal Server Error"

With OAuth2 I’m occasionally getting redirected to an “Internal Server Error” page (that’s all it says!) after the Battle.net login stage when it comes time to redirect back to my site. And I don’t think it’s me.

With Blizzard’s own profile APIs pages I’ve often seen this error the very first time I try to use them to query data, on any given day. It usually gives this error and I have to go back and try again to get it to work.

I always assumed it was an issue with the documentation site, and nothing serious enough to report. But I’m guessing it’s the same issue here.

So do other people experience this with their own OAuth2-enabled pages, if they log out of Battle.net and so force OAuth2 to log them back in? At least for the first time that day?

Yes, but I’m getting a lot of these lately even without a logout. For me even the official docs page will sometimes receive a 500. If I just refresh the same page it just works again and get the proper redirect.
I thought it was something on my end too, apparently not.

At least it’s not just me. I’m surprised there aren’t more complaints about it :confused:

I’ve never experienced it when I’m already logged into Battle.net in that browser, and because it’s possible to stay logged in for days it’s been far less noticeable. I only realised how bad it was once I started contriving it to have to log back in.

I’ve now implemented the OAuth2 changes and put up a note about this so users know we’re aware of it and probably can’t fix it :confused: