Installation stuck on waiting

Hi!

I’m having a problem with CoD: MW installation, it’s stuck on waiting, and nothing happens.

Anyone knows a fix (i’ve reinstalled the launcher like 4 times because I had the sleeping agent problem earlier)?

Many thanks!

3 Likes

Check this out, it works on Starcraft and OW, I will try on COD

I was fixing it for like 2 hours and still shows sleeping agent. You need to delete every map you have of battlenet or blizzard from %appdata% and things like that and then start setup agin.

I don’t have the sleeping agent problem anymore, but my installation stucks on waiting (not waiting on an other update, just waiting).

7 Likes

Same problem here…installation stuck on waiting…can someone help

1 Like

my Modern Warfare installation is also stuck on “waiting”. I also have a battle.net patch being applied that’s stuck at 0%

1 Like

i have the same problem -.-’

Do this:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battle.net and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
    Then Install Blizzard agin…

Doesn’t work, still the same issue after doing that.

2 Likes

у меня сейчас проблема со спящим агентом

Got the same problem. Reinstalled the battlenet launcher, relocated the game via the battlenet launcher, and now it’s trying to update or something, but it is just stuck on waiting. Been this way for about 30 minutes now. So far my experience with the battlenet launcher has been abysmal. Easily the worst launcher I have ever used.

11 Likes

Nope, does not work.

I had the same problem. I restarted my pc and that fixed it!

That actually fixed it. Strange because I’ve restarted my pc many times in the last few hours.

Guys! I found a solution for the indefinite “Waiting…” problem. (Considering you got past the “Agent is sleeping” problem)

Situation 1:
After you’ve deleted the agent files from %programdata% you got the battle.net app working but now it doesn’t see your games and it says install for them. Just go to where your game is installed, move the whole game folder to some random other folder temporarily.(Same HDD/SSD so it takes no time) Then go ahead and press install on the app, select your default library path, and wait for it to download like 15 MBs in. After that PAUSE the update, DON’T close the battle.net app and move the files that you had in the temporary folder to the new install path. Then, click the options tab under the Game’s logo, click Scan and Repair and then Begin Scan. The app will verify the game files and you’ll be good to go!

Situation 2:
If you’re stuck on update and it doesn’t say install for you:

1. Close the app
  2. Kill all things that start with blizzard from the task manager’s processes tab(not details tab cuz the agent shows as agent.exe there)
  3. Delete the "Battle.net"and “Blizzard Entertainment” folders from %programdata%.
  4. Relaunch the app and it should say install on all the games.
  5. If it finds your games instantly and you get stuck at the update button again, do the moving process(mentioned in Situation 1) first and redo all of the above. Peace!
2 Likes

Thank you, this helped me a lot. I deleted all battle.net files manually and some blizzard files as well. Now the installation process runs perfect.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.