I suffered racial discrimination, while support ignores it

hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an unfortunate incident I experienced while playing Overwatch. During a recent match, I was subjected to racial discrimination by another player, who repeatedly used derogatory language directed towards my ethnicity.

The player(Battle Tag ZePoeTaeToe#1657) in question repeatedly used the term “qing cong” in a derogatory and offensive manner, targeting me specifically. This language not only made me feel deeply uncomfortable but also created a hostile gaming environment. As a player who values inclusivity and respect within the gaming community, encountering such behavior was extremely disheartening.

I would like to provide you with the player’s username if necessary for your investigation. While I understand that online gaming environments can sometimes be contentious, it is crucial that actions are taken to address instances of hate speech and discrimination.

I urge you to take appropriate measures in accordance with Blizzard’s community guidelines to ensure that all players can enjoy Overwatch in a safe and welcoming environment. Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your prompt response.

Nobody should ever be subject to harassment in a game, I don’t work for Blizzard but I can direct you to the proper way to report language that violates the Blizzard Code of Conduct.

To report a player for language that breaks the rules, you need to right click the line of chat in-game and use the reporting function there. That captures the name and chat logs for GM review. Blizzard does not accept reports any other way.

You should also put that player on Ignore so that you never see anything from them again.

Blizzard does not allow us to use the forums for reports. Posting the name and posting the text that breaks the rules is actually a violation of the Forum Code of Conduct. Blizzard does not allow name call outs and repeating bad language is not ok.