I got silenced for bein a novocast, and using Aussie words

Oi mates so… I got silenced for sayin a word that Junker Queen uses which is: “Numpty”. Numpty is an emote JQ uses often means idiot or useless, I called someone a numpty chin wag garbologist, or a numpty bogan tosser. I got silenced and reported by kids grouped up; they gang on me cause I’m an Aussie. I’m getting discriminated and told racist phrases like go back to Canada or China! But I’m the one who gets silenced… Silenced for 13 days just for stickin up for meself. Thanks Overwatch 2 team for silencing me for being a Novocastrian.

1 Like

Answered in your other thread on the same subject…

I highly doubt the silence was for the first term you used, but the second one would definitely fall foul of the Code of Conduct’s Inappropriate Language and/or Harassing or Defamatory sections.

bloody tweeezlemurphys

You do realise there’s also a Forum Code of Conduct…

…and repeating the terms that got you silenced in-game in your forum posts is likely to get a short holiday from the forums too, for exactly the same reasons.

I like how the one guy says:

repeating the terms that got you silenced in-game in your forum posts is likely to get a short holiday from the forums too, for exactly the same reasons.

Did you read the part where OP said Junkerqueen uses this term in the game itself? It’s a voiceline she uses. How can Junkerqueen use the word but a player cannot?

Blizzard does a terrible job handling these reports. Making Overwatch F2P was the worst thing they ever did to the game. Too many children reporting over nothing with no real GMs to filter any of it.

2 Likes

Yes. Did you read the part where the OP also described the other words he used in conjunction with the word the in-game character uses? It’s those words that are the problem, and most likely what caused the reports.

I’ll give you a clue, go look up the meaning of the word starting with a B.

How did you even find out the specifics of what you said that causes the account action? I was silenced for “abusive chat and behavior” and have submitted literally 8 tickets asking for the chat logs or any specifics on what I said, and have been met with the same copy pasta about the service agreement, then having the ticket closed before I can ask anything further. It took them well over 2 weeks to even respond to the tickets too.

Just not sure what I need to say to see the chat. Because from everyone else’s posts that should be included in the description of the action taken right?

You are a god. Thanks for understanding!

1 Like