How to get permession after declining?

When you ask permession for Blizzard Account ID and BattleTag + World of Warcraft profile, but they decided uncheck World of Warcraft profile. How to request access for World of Warcraft profile again? Even raiderio if u unchecked, everything goes bad. ---- Regular people might not know that you need to go in battle.net settings and delete AUTHORIZED APPLICATIONS and then give permission again. Its really clunky.

1 Like

From the application side there is nothing you can do elevate your permissions, this is a security feature.

Scopes are specified by section 3.3 of RFC6749 however it doesn’t specify how the interaction with the resource owner should be handled.
Some applications like Facebook will allow the application to requests additional permissions to the resource owner, but that is not the case on BNet.

The only way to elevate an application permission is to go to your bnet account, remove the apps permission and re-authorize the app.

This is when you should take advantage of RFC6746:

If the issued access token scope is different from the one requested by the client, the authorization server MUST include the “scope” response parameter to inform the client of the actual scope granted.

A good idea would be to check the token information and see if the scope returned is what you need, and if it isn’t you can show an instruction page to the user. If that makes sense you can even deny access to your application to users who did not grant necessary permissions.

I guess I need just work around. Thanks for reply.

dear @schiller,

i did uncheck the world of warcraft profile when i wanted to allow jeeves bot but when i go to authorized application can’t find it to remove it and do it again

It’s currently bugged. We havn’t gotten any responses from Blizz either about this. Will have to wait for them to fix it.

1 Like

how do we remove the apps permission & re-authorize it when we can’t even find it. i unchecked wow profile also & now i’m …

Like Alexchaos said it is currently a bug on Blizzard side. At the time this topic was created this wasn’t an issue.

This new topic is describing the current issue, we now must wait for a blue response.

1 Like

oh thank you so much this give me a little hope that the bug is going to be fixed, hopefully soon enough. have a nice day :slight_smile: