Heroes of the Storm patch not downloading

I’m having an issue downloading Heroes of the Storm patch 51.0. It gets to ‘Fetching download manifest (778.50K…’ and stops every time I try. After a few minutes, I will get a “Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​ Error Code : BLZBNTAGT00000BB8”
Other games, Diablo 3 and Call of Duty, have since been updated successfully. I can also play them with no issues. The problem is only with Heroes of the Storm.
I have tried restarting blizzard, restarting the computer, and running ‘scan and repair’ on the game many times. Nothing has any effect.
What can I try next?

Phran,

If it’s a single game issue, usually that’s going to be a problem with the game data - either something is breaking your permission to patch that specifically (usually security) or the game itself is so corrupted it can’t be prepared (often also because of security.

I’d uninstall any third party security, create a new admin and test there if that fails, and if even that doesn’t work, make sure your windows is completely up to date because that’s how you get windows defender updates. (Same with mac OS if you’re on mac.)

Failing that, a reinstall of the game will usually fix a BB8 error.

If you’re still having trouble after this troubleshooting, please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. Copy the code below, then copy/paste everything from that DXDiag file between the rows of tilde (~) marks where it says “DXDiag goes here.”

~~~~
DXDiag goes here
~~~~

If the file’s too large to submit, you can upload it to a file hosting site like pastebin and post the link in the code above instead.