I was logging onto WoW when my computer hard crashed when I tried to log back on I was greeted to a scan & Repair soon after it would endlessly scan and say Oops! something broke or something of the such it had been doing this for hours I have tried everything uninstalling the game, browser and restarting my computer it still continues to so it just does this with the games I have had installed such as Hearthstone, WoW Classic and WoW retail. Please help!!!
Let’s manually clear the Battlenet Desktop Application and all supporting data from the system. This will not remove existing game clients.
- Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
- Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
- Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
- Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
- Empty the recycle bin.
- Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.
Greetings again it seems i can’t find the correct one in %TEMP% leading to it doing the same thing.
Thank you! Solved it with this solution
it’s fine, it’s common if you closed the bnet app already. You won’t be able to find the folder after then, from time to time.