Hangs at "Checking Versions" US West

Yeah I also get hung up on the checking versions, but when I eventually get through I get disconnected form battle.net. I was able to play a few times in a day or two while struggling with the checking versions thing. I’ve read that if you basically join too many games in a row that it’ll give you a ban which can last somewhere between 48 hours or two weeks. I’m honestly probably gonna just download project diablo 2 and play that instead save myself some grief.

Same thing has been happening to me. I uninstalled and then reinstalled last night and now that I finally get past the checking versions screen I receive the “Downloading Patch Screen” which never goes past 0% and then i get dc’d

1 Like

One thing I saw (a few days ago) was not a surprise: When I tried to log onto another realm, I got an update to D2/LOD. No idea what the update was about, but it was NOT an update from US West. See if you can get onto any other realm and if you get an update when you do get there.

Good Idea, sadly it had the same result as US West. 0% download and then D/C

I did a fresh install of d2 thinking that would be a fix. Now im stuck on the downloading patch screen and then get dc. Is there another way of updating manually?

Odd. I was able to easily get onto Europe and Asia and US East. If you can get onto any of them, you should get any update available on that realm (if one is needed).

EDIT: 4/15/21

Since the time I wrote this…the patch page has been completely removed.

Try this new link instead…

Unable to Install or Patch Diablo II (2000) - Blizzard Support

ORIGINAL POSTING:

The patch doesn’t appear to be here anymore…but here’s the link. It says…

The installer will install version 1.14b. Once installed, please launch the game and log in to Battle.net. This will prompt you to patch to the latest version 1.14d.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7836

EDIT: From that patch page, I downloaded D2/LOD and did a fresh install on another computer here and it would not update, but it did get to 99 percent a couple of times before disconnecting.

Then, I saw the BNUpdate file in the Diablo 2 folder and ran it. It did successfully update from that file and the v 1.14b is now v1.14d.

But, the problem of logging onto Bnet persists. It takes a few tries but eventually logs on.

Still having the same issue. Any solutions for this yet? Its been like this for almost 5 days

No change for me, as yet. Tried at 9:15-9:20am Chicago time (BNet time about 14:20). First, tried to enter directly: Hang at “Finding fastest server”, so logged onto Europe server and tried USW again–nada. Logged onto Asia server, exit, back to USW–and success.

I used a hotspot on my cell phone to get a new ip address and it worked right away. saved my mules lol.

If you change to US East, then it will prompt you to update to 1.14D. I did the same thing as per Blizzard’s request (uninstall/reinstall) then I got even more stuck since the latest patch wasn’t installed. Still not fixed. 4:20pm Mountain Standard time

Join US east to install Update, the problem still persists with US WEst it seems. But at least you’ll have the 1.14D patch installed whenever Blizzard can fix this weird-a$s issue

Same issue for me. I know the rules about creating too many games too fast, vpn, commercial ip, etc,etc it’s none of that. Worked fine till a few days ago now it’s like OP describes. Please fix this.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to confirm that the Classic team has been notified and the issue is being investigated. We do not have an ETA on when it might be resolved however.

For now please just continue to retry since it seems to be allowing logins after attempting more than once.

I have tried several times and at this stage still unable to log in. Was able to log into the other gateways but now that has stopped as well. Have tried all the aforementioned tactics but still no luck. I suppose here in Australia we need our own server???

1 Like

It seems things have broken down the last couple of days, forum awash with complaints on D2 logging issues.

I was disconnected from my own private solo-game now over 36 hours ago and I have not been able to log in since.

It is a sorry state of things which does not give me much confidence in the upcoming remaster…

As I understand it, there is an effort from Blizzard to remove bots from the servers that is also affecting legit players. A ban wave is now being implemented.

There’s some rumored and perhaps factual information about it on other outside forums with just a bit of research.

D2R will be hosted on the modern Battlenet. The login issues being reported here won’t be a problem.

1 Like

How did that work out for WC3 ladder?

Also stuck on “connecting to fastest server” on all realms…