Free Beta Cold War

I’ve downloaded the free beta for COD Cold War but the option to play is grayed out and says it’s not able to be played yet. Does anyone know how to fix this or have the same problem?

5 Likes

I have the same problem, cant play it

I have this same problem but I can’t find a fix on the internet…

-_-

1 Like

Same issue. I don’t expect anything less from IW/Activision though. Just another bug in a long history of endless bugs. Maybe someone else will come out with a decent Warzone alternative to rid us of this poorly managed company.

1 Like

I apologize if i missed something else were but i can not find were to download the free beta. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

> “I apologize if i missed something else were but i can not find were to download the free beta. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you”

You can download it via Blizzard Desktop App, but for some weird reason we can’t play it because the “PLAY” button is grayed out and it says that the game can’t be played yet…

I have also pre purchased the standard edition on pc, every time I try to open and play the beta it sends me to the blizzard app to pre purchase cold war ONCE AGAIN. Go through the purchasing again and it says great news, you already own this game. Stuck at a dead end and I’m pulling my hair out this shouldn’t be hard. Any help would be greatly appreciated I feel like I’ve tried everything.?!

I can only find the option to buy. I thought the open beta started today. Ive been away from cod for a while and what to give it a try again.

Found it. Thank you for your help

I expect that the Open Beta will be prolonged because of this issue…

Facing the same problem “COD Cold War can not be played”.

Hey,

I’ve been seeing this a lot lately. Does the app also give you a past date off to the right of the button? If yes the most common fix has been to resync Windows time.

1. Right-click the system click
  2. Select adjust date/time
  3. Slide the bars for time/timezone automation to the left, then back right
  4. Click “Sync Now”

Please ensure the Battle.net app is closed fully before doing this. Using task manager to double check it’s fully closed would be ideal. Make sure to use the full expanded view of task manager vs the smaller one which may not display background processes.

Let us know how things go. Cheers!

Edit:

While we can of course still help out on this forum, troubleshooting for the Battle.net desktop app is best provided through the Desktop App Tech Support forum. This classic games forum is more for our oldschool games like Diablo 2 and similar.

1 Like

Please fix your game did what you posted and still no luck!!!