Fix for Linux/Lutris users stuck in Battle.net update loop

Thanks a lot Joynueer.
Now can you fix the PTR and Beta Linux game prerequisite detection ?
Since now we are able to update, we saw we cannot connect anymore on PTR and beta since this week build, because our hardware is recognized as outdated
See: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflightptr-launch-broken-on-linux-since-2409-weekly-build/387626

Please forward a thanks to everyone involved in the fix. We know Linux is not officially supported, so this is a great kindness to fix bugs affecting us. We appreciate it very much.

2 Likes

I only just heard about your post. Just wanted to chime in and thank you for the swift action and addressing us directly.

Keep up the good work!

I also wanted to make it very clear that I appreciate fixing unsupported install methods. Playing on steamdeck with console port is a great new way to enjoy WoW.

1 Like

Sorry, but whatever fox you think you implemented still does not work for a lot of people.

For example, My loop looks like this:

1. Battlement freezes on update
  2. Uninstall battle net
  3. Reinstall battle net and Diablo Immortal
  4. Click “play”
  5. DI begins an update and gets stuck on “initializing”
  6. I restart battle net
  7. Battle net freezes on update again-repeat steps 1-6.

The same thing happens with D2R except I can only play the game ONCE. But after shutting off my deck and attempting to log back in again, battle t freezes on update.

I’ve tried all of these asinine and painstaking fixes that people are
Throwing around and nothing works.

Stop breaking stuff…

4 Likes

Just tried on my new Steamdeck.
Fresh download of battle.net client for windows.
Launches, install games, both Hearthstone and Diablo Immortal.
But never able to launch any of them. When you press big blue button launch, it goes to the update. And this all in cycle.

Sorry guys, your news “we fixed it”, is just another disappointment.
Waste off few few gigs of download traffic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.