Feature gone - Bug or intentional?

I recently got the upgrade to the new battle.net launcher.
So to the right of the launcher is all my friends, on top is the favorites and above that is whoever is playing each game at any given time…at least, it used to be.

This feature seems to have disappeared overnight. I’ve asked a lot of friends, everyone has the same thing. It’s just gone. A friend even asked her entire guild in WoW, and they all said the same thing.

I don’t believe this is intentional, as it was really handy to see who is playing what.
Is this a bug or did Blizzard actually remove this on purpose? I’d like to have it back again.

If they actually removed this intentionally, I’m going to complain until they add it back, because I really want that feature.

Hi there,

i’m writting from France and get many… TOO MANY issues…
Don’t see my friend list but instead of that i have a button “Add friends”…
when i try to go in “Discution and Group” i see all my previous messages send to my friends but impossible to send them any message…

“Une erreur es survenue lors de l’envoi de votre message a *****”
“An error occurred while sending your message to *****”

is there anyone experiencing this issue?

Btw, Bliz² news in Bnet launcher seems to have some issue too

“C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment” deleted -> same issue
Bnet launcher reinstalled -> same issue

Regards,

It’s very easy to tell who is playing what game by just looking at your friendlist. There is an Icon to the right hand side of your friend which indicates what game they are playing. It is because of this that the “Playing (insert game here)” was pointless.