Failed to authenticate 2.51 Warcraft III Classic

same problem. are blizzard going to fix that?

1 Like

Hi,

I’m having the same authentication error failed 2.51 message for a week now. I’m from Bulgaria but what’s weird is that my friends, who live next door have access… I’ve pre-purchased reforged and I’m trying to log in with my reforged CD-key. Would it make any difference if I reinstall the game and use my old CD-keys? Furthermore, you guys really need to make a visible thread with comments option on the blizzard website so we can check for any activity there. Took me ages to find this place. =( sad sad sad

I am also having this problem. It seemed to begin after I installed the main battlenet app, the game had been working fine for around a week prior to that, though could be a coincidence.

Same problem. Having it for 3 days.

Today got same error “Failed to authenticate 2.51” :frowning: and my friend got this problem for few days already. Both have pre-purchase Warcraft III Reforged. Also we didnt get access to the beta and now no even access to Warcraft III Classic… Blizzard do something… please!

1 Like

Russia.
Absolutely same problem. Blizzard, that’s not a good start for your Reforged release.

The bigger problem here is not keeping people updated. Is there any progress beeing made on your side Blizzard?

1 Like

Hi guys, I had some back and forth with support over this issue, after not getting anywhere I found someone on Live Chat. The response was:

• that the issue was not individual but widespread,
  • the issue was being handled,
  • they were not going to hand out CD keys
  • they were not individually keeping clients up to date, but we have to refer to the support forums

So if you’re thinking that this will be resolved by individually corresponding with support, save yourself the frustration and, alas, painstakingly wait it out like we all are.

I posted this reply is this forum:

This link seems to have a lot more replies than this one and is about the same issue. Good luck with patience guys, we’re in this together.

2 Likes

same issue, 4 days and going

1 Like

Hey Blizzard, any news?

Same problem. Any word on a possible fix?

Can you communicate Blizzard? At least tell us you’re working on it …

Same issue. This is frustrating af! And to top it off I have friends who can log in without any issues!

Blizzard, this is a joke. 7 days without a response. I AM ON US WEST AND HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. PAY ATTENTION. WHOEVER IS IN INCIDENT MANAGEMENT, DO YOUR JOB. To think that you have a NOC or central monitoring center is far off at this point. Hmmm… all of us on this thread… should we hit social media at this point considering their current social media status cough HK cough

1 Like

Oh and if my account gets banned, you all know why.

I get this error for months and still didn’t fix!

1 Like

Same problem, If they don’t fix it by tomorrow, I will want my money back.
I’m sick of it…

1 Like

I would like to join to this topic. I bought Warcraft III Reforged, Install clasic games and after try to confirm CD key via log in it shows “Failed to authenticate 5.23”.
What with solution of this?

Starting from today, i join community of a broken launcher. Any updates from Blizzard regarding the issue?

Attention Blizzard:
Please, for the love of all that is good, roll back whatever you deployed to cause this issue, AND THEN go about solving it.
Or just generate battlechest CD keys for the reforged purchasees. A fix should take 6 hours, not 6 days with your resources. This is unacceptable.