Extracting a few items off the Auction House API

Hi there. I am looking only extract select items off the auction house (example: pets and mounts) and then fetch it across all realms realms. Is there any way for me to do this? Right now when I fetch the AH for a realm it returns all the auctions. I am quite new to working with APIs, so sorry if I am missing something simple.

No, you are not missing anything. The AH endpoint gives you a snapshot of the current state (hourly generated not real time) of each connected realm. You must process the payload and filter the items you are interested on your side.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! How would I best extract the information: say I want to build out a dashboard in Google Sheets?

Usually you would declare some constants with the item_class_id and item_subclass_id you want to filter, (Like class 15-miscelaneous subclass 5-mounts).

After that you would have to iterate over the returned object and copy the entries matching those IDs while ignoring everything else.

I don’t know if you can do this using only GScript since this is a huge payload.

It is recommended to use some kind of json streaming library for decreasing memory usage while handling such a large json object.