Error updating - BLZBNTAGT00000840

Blizzard Battle.net App

Error updating - BLZBNTAGT00000840 - Nearly finishes the update and receives this error. Tried the file scan and repair as suggested and get the same error. Now doing what was suggested next and reporting it. :slight_smile: Thanks!

6 Likes

I am getting the same Error message. I have done all the steps listen on the help screen even uninstall/reinstall the client and the game, and still continuously getting the error

I am having the same issue and there is no one to contact! not sure what to do next

1 Like

Next day same error still occurring, heard nothing from blizz as of yet. Have repeated all steps to no success.

4 Likes

Error Code : BLZBNTAGT00000840 I’m having the same trouble these folks are!!! Please fix this !!! PLEASE!!!

Hey y’all,

I would suggest a clean reinstall of the app:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app

2. Next press Windows Key + R and enter the following locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders in each location:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%

3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If this doesn’t help, there may be something else on the computer causing a problem, such as background security software.