Error in WC3 - BLZBNTBTS0000005D

I’ve tried following the procedures in the link to resolve the issue several times over (uninstall WC3, uninstall battle.net, restart comp., get rid of battle.net tools…) but it is still a persistent issue every time I try to play. Any additional methods I can try to fix this issue would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

Having the same issue. Also tried all the steps to try and repair.

same problem, I have sent blizzard support all the relevant data and am waiting on a response. I was playing 2 days ago without issue. They shouldn’t have updated wc3… I came across a post in a different forum that solved the problem for me. “Update complete” after clicking Warcraft 3 desktop shortcut - #2 by ICE-2139 hope it helps you guys out!

This is an issue that we’re aware of with Warcraft III. Some changes have been made that we’re testing now. Could you try relaunching to test?

Same issue. Wtf are you testing that an almost 20 year old game cant load?

Thanks for the report! There’s backend changes that are constantly made to keep up with the servers and server maintenance needed for stability. It’s not visible in the actual game, but important to keep the servers up!

This issue should now be resolved, please close the Blizzard app completely and log back in before retesting. Thank you!

I’m also having the same problem. I launched the previous version and clicked the in-game battle net button to initiate the patch. After the latest patch I can’t launch the game at all. The previous version had no problem launching and this bricked my client. Fresh install, repair on launcher, nothing helps.

I did everything blizz suggested. All I ended up with is my game and all folders related in the recycle bin as suggested. Yet I still get “fixes” that tell me to do this and do that with the games files/folders, and this is after I did the delete… I’ve tried the turn off security, try new admin rights user, I have tried it all and the only this accomplished is my firm belief that blizz has these canned/flow chart “fixes” that are useless to my issue…sigh

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.