Error Character with this name already exists

have 3 of my toons that cannot log into, Iceyprincess-Myzreal was loading into a battle ground when the game wigged out for a lot of people, I can get as far as the character selection screen and it will act like she is loading in but then just before it loads it goes back to the character selection screen and says character with this name already exists. I went though all the trouble shooting steps and even tried to put an in-game ticket in but it took me to the support forum and would not let me submit a report, now I have my 2 60’s doing the same thing after logging into them and game still being glitchy, Maegia and Rodeo both from Myzreal too. another pvper from the guild that was loading into a battle ground from Ironforge insted of Stormwind logged off and went to bed but is still showing as logged in but in the twisting nether. besides the normal game trouble shooting did virus scan and malware scan that turned up nothing.

1 Like

To second that issue… Same thing happened in our house. Character leaving a BG & game glitched. Now stuck at the same point: Logging in… then [Return to character selection screen] “A character with this name already exists.” Tried to “move the character” using the Blizzard website self-service; didn’t work, but says “resolved.” Deleted all addons (what a pain in the butt that will be to reinstall later), so just waiting to see if that makes a difference.
Also, the in-game Submit a Ticket system not work anymore? It’s just a blank screen. What the heck?
(Where are the support HUMANS? Why is it such a trial to just get a ticket in for review?)

Same thing happend to me it has been 13 hours have had a ticket in for 8 still nothing

Same thing happened to me. I was in Desolace, all of the NPCs disappeared, so I logged out. Haven’t been able to log back in since, although I can get on with my other toons.

I tried resetting the UI and also having them move my character. Neither worked. I opened a ticket under “connection issues”. Waiting to hear back.

Same thing happened to me. I was using the AH in Valdraken, and the game lagged out on me. So I closed the game, logged back in, tried to load in, and it would kick back saying the same thing.

Hi,

This forum is for technical support on Blizzard’s Classic Games — legacy games such as Diablo II (2000).

This is the wrong forum for WoW: Dragonflight.

World of Warcraft (all versions) has its own forums; please use the appropriate category here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/

Best of luck with this !

I’ve had the same issue before. Get dc’d and the server still thinks I’m online, but can’t reconnect. I think it just takes a couple mins or so for the server to catch up and fix it.