Error BLZBNTAG00000BB8

Same problem. I also have done all things listed and am having the same issue repeatedly. Mine started with just one character crashing whenever I tried to log her in. All my other characters work fine. I ran the scan and repair because of this and now am in the same loop of updating and getting then getting the error message. Clearly this is a game issue and trying to fix it has been put on the players. Tech support needs to do something more than giving a generic (long list) of ways to fix it and fix it on their end.

1 Like

how get his game on hp

Iā€™m having the same issue. I uninstalled the Battle.net app, also uninstalled WoW. I then installed the Battle.net app again and tried to install WoW and Iā€™m getting the same message. It was working fine last night.

UPDATE 11/20/2022
I followed ā€œHighNoonstinā€™sā€ advice and deleted the whole WoW folder and re-downloaded the gameā€¦ Itā€™s fine now.

NEXT UPDATE 11/21/2022 8:30 am MST
So after taking the time to delete the WoW files and downloading the game AGAIN, the error is back. I played last night for a couple of hours and everything was ok. Blizzard - This is on your end. Please fix it.

I am also having this issue. WoW kept freezing in game today so I decided to search for updates. Hearthstone updated fine, but WoW keeps going through the scan/repair then cannot update. Internet is well above recommendations and have tried all this with firewall etc disabled. Still cannot update ā€¦

Same thing for me I tried to uninstall everything/reboot/firewall antivirus. Come on Blizzard do better!

Same problem as everyone else and tried all recommended actions. I am commenting here to come back once there is a resolution.

This just happened to me as well. I can no longer play OW2 and nothing is working to fix it.

I have exactly the same issue with the Battle.net app. It opened up with the ā€˜Updateā€™ button showing, so I clicked it and the message ā€˜Initialisingā€™ came up, but then it started a ā€˜Scan and Repairā€™ process.

When the scan completed, it went back to ā€˜Updateā€™ but immediately returned to the ā€˜Scan and Repairā€™ once again and now itā€™s stuck in the same loop.

I re-installed Battle.net app and tried to uninstall/re-install WoW but it just returns to the same infinite Update/Scan and Repair loop.

Having recently purchased the new expansion and a 6-month sub, I am not at all pleased with this situation but I am not that technically savvy to fix it.

greatā€¦ so I am not the only one now having this issueā€¦
I had total system lockup this morning around 5am or less I thinkā€¦ but that is not the issue as I was able to log into my Envoker toon and play for a little bitā€¦

my issue is I noticed that the data.000 file was not a full 1GB file size as was the rest of themā€¦ it is ((681,927,278 bytes)) in size.

so I proceeded to to do a scanā€¦ three times now it has error-ed outā€¦ with the above error messageā€¦ so I am at a lossā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

After doing this process, I am reinstalling the game AGAIN. 2nd time in 24 hours. This is not solving the problem, Blizzard. This is a total nightmare.

2 Likes

I just got a battle.net client update for Windowsā€¦
and its still happening, I canā€™t play WoW nowā€¦ !!

same problem is there a fix any one has found yet

help blizzard :frowning_with_open_mouth: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face:

1 Like

a backup of my interface addons and WTF folder then uninstall and reinstall seems to have fixed it kindaā€¦ as long as I donā€™t click scan and repair againā€¦
backing up the WTF folder is important as it gets deleted if you uninstall WoW classic or retailā€¦ will report back if it happens againā€¦

whoopie!!! here we go again!

I also just ran into this issue after the latest stable BNet update. Endless scanning, and removing from all %----% folders did not fix, reinstalling BNet did not fix.

Iā€™m dealing with this error too. Iā€™ve tried just about everything.
To scan repair, which is having problems. To uninstalling bnet and wow itself.
Wow was working fine earlier until I thought I had to scan and repair because I kept getting hard dcā€™d earlier only to realize they were shutting the servers down like an hour ago(NA).

I thought I somehow broke something because it wasnā€™t letting me back in. So I hit scan and repair. EVER SINCE I HIT that button there has been problems. I wonā€™t let me back into the game. There is an endless loop of it ā€œtryingā€ to update the game. First it was the BLIZBNTAG error, NOT UPDATING, now its doing endless scan and repair loops. Clearly theres a bunch of people with this problem. Clearly that means its a blizzard issue, not us.

its still down ā€¦how much longer tell its fixed :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth: :frowning_with_open_mouth:

I ran into this issue today with Overwatch 2, I click the repair option in the BattleNet app because I was having some crashes in game but the scan failed.

And now always when I open BattleNet the Overwatch only give me the ā€œupdateā€ option, but when I click the button it starts to explore and repair and fails showing this error code blzbntag00000bb8 again and again, please help :frowning:

Edit: reinstalled BattleNet and still not working, it stills with the same situation with the ā€œupdateā€ button I wrote above.

Edit: I uninstalled OW2 and updated Windows 10 to the 22H2 version, I open BattleNet and try to install OW2 but when it is downloading it crashes the Windows and the PC restarted, after restart if I open BattleNet it continues the download but crashes again and again.

I had an actual countdown in WOW saying SERVER SHUTDOWN IN 5 MIN, 4 , 3 , 2 etc. Then It asked me to updateā€¦ so I didā€¦ then the error occurred and endless loop began. Tried uninstalling security features, adding rules etc. Tried uninstalling Battlenet - it will NOT allow me and cites the error as the reason I canā€™t uninstallā€¦ Switched to Beta versionā€¦ same loopā€¦ NOTHING works - BLIZZARD FIX THIS.