Enchantments to Warcraft 2 BNE requested!

You want things to be logic in a fantasy world here though.
Point is the rule as it is, is that a unit will appear if there is 8 tiles of clearance around the building that way you can be sure your units are almost always going to come out.

More importantly from a gameplay stand point hoping makes the game very very very interesting in multiplayer especially on the most appreciated and played maps (gow and chop).

Now what I think is, if you do not want to make the game unrecognisable and keep it interesting and fun you have to keep hoping as a core mechanic, but you could totally make it follow way more predictable and understandable patterns as well as make it clearer for new players (graphic indicators).

Especially when it comes to the workers exiting buildings to go gather and return with resources. For basic unit production it is pretty clear though top left border then counterclockwise around the building.

4 Likes

Anyway, another feature I’d like is: key rebinding!
The default one aren’t too convenient for me.

5 Likes

I would love to see those changes.

Since there are those (and many more features) available on private servers, I am pretty sure that Blizzard could hire a guy from those to implement them.
It would be amazing if some features from private servers could be implemented on retail.
Since these private servers have always been a labor of love, I am pretty sure that they could even get somebody to do it for free.

1 Like

Yeah I was talking to Mistral when he came over to my stream (the guy that worked on all these changes over there for the private servers) and he said he will try giving his github to Blizzard devs so maybe they can at least take his contribution to improve the game. I really hope they hire him to maintain the game though.

5 Likes

Oh, another thing that could be added are some visual alerts on the map (like Starcraft).
And the current ones should be improved, since they don’t trigger sometimes.

1 Like

yeah me likey likey long time

1 Like

A really cool feature from AOE that we could have also is a peon counter and also idle peons button somewhere that could be quite nice :slight_smile:

1 Like