Dracthyr Soar is not as useful as i thought

When i heard the Dracthyr could fly on their own i was excited, but after playing with it for a a bit of time, Soar is just feels slower than taking out my mount. like sure if you get up high maybe you can go a longer distance, but then again taking a flight point or just hoping on one of my flying mounts gets me from point a to b more efficiently, plus i don’t have to wait for a cool down, which then i just hop on a mount.
unlike with Worgens and running wild which i use on a consistent because it is basically a built in ground mount, but with soar, it doesn’t feel as natural.

editing adding more:

i also found out that if i’m already mounted because of soar on cool down, say i’m doing dialies and just want to turn in quests, i can easily do that mounted. At that point why would i waste the time clicking on soar to get to the next place when i’m already mounted and getting airborne is just a spacebar away .
in the beginning area for the Dracthyr soar felt wonderful, no cooldown and could just use it when i wanted, soon as you hit the main land, it felt like shackles were put on the character. Quite the honeymoon period if you ask me.
Even with Familiar skies buff active, which reduces the cool down of soar by a whole minute from 4 to 3, what is the advantage? now with the worgen running wild, you just have to wait the normal mount time, no cool down, and frankly that’s how a racial movement should be. the utility of just being able to drop to all fours and go. with soar the utility is not quite there, no point of dismounting to use it, even if the flying speed is faster.
i can fly for as long as i want on a flying mount…but soar you just stall out after you exhaust your limited in air skills.
so yeah in short, familiar skies buff should reduce the cool down even more than just 1 minute. Add in a hover so you can turn in a quest and then be off again without waiting for a cooldown.

1 Like

Dracthyr’s soar really does need to just translate upon hitting a dragonriding capable zone and let you do everything you can while dragonriding without needing to mount up first. So dumb that it’s like a massively dumbed down version, like it was only there to help you figure out the dragonriding mechanics later and navigate their starting zone but still… why have wings if they can’t use them much at all?

1 Like

like the NPC Dracthyr seem to have no problem flying from place to place, yet we are stuck with gliding, and “falling with style”