Download speeds drop significantly

As the title says, during my download of the recent Call of Duty update, the download speed will drop from 8mb/s all the way to 2kb/s for what seems no reason.

When I pause and resume the download, the download speed jumps back up to the correct speed however drops back down again after a couple minutes.

This is incredibly annoying considering updates for this game are upwards of 30GB and having to nurse the download speed stops me from being able to do other things whilst letting this download like any other normal launcher would allow me to do.

Another way to nurse the download is to limit the speed then pause it, unpause it and put the speed back to unlimited and this would have the same effect as pausing and unpausing seems to have this time round.

I am frankly sick and tired of having to use this launcher for this game when it would work perfectly fine if it was on Steam. I dont want to have to micromanage a download that’s 50GB.

You have to understand my frustration here, being this is the 3rd time this issue has happened and i’ve been happy to deal with it but now I can’t deal with sitting here and checking back to the launcher every 3 minutes to make sure i’m getting my actual download speed that I can get on different launchers without a hassle at all.

I would really appreciate it if I could be provided some answer that I might be missing because I am sick of using a launcher that simply does not work when it comes to updating a game.

4 Likes

Get auto clicker, and spam their trash servers.

1 Like

I wish they did something about this instead of ignoring it like they have done for the past 9 months. I have had this issue since Modern warfare came out. It needs a fix and now.

1 Like