Download speed maxing out at 3.3 MB/s, normally 40 MB/s

I recently got a new hard drive, so I have to re-download my games that were installed on the old one. I’ve been downloading Destiny 2 for about two hours, and my download has been going at around 3 MB/s the entire time. I decided to stop the download and try downloading something on steam to see if it was actually the battle.net app causing the problem, and i instantly get 43 MB/s downloading a game, then go back to battle.net app, and its at 3 MB/s. Also, the download rate is not capped in the battle.net app download settings. Please help.

Hey there,

The most likely cause for the difference between Megabites and Megabytes. It looks like Steam has the options to change between these values. Though there are other things to consider such as distance from your location to the patch servers and similar.

Im having the same issue with Destiny 2. And no its not megabits, I was in a discussion with tech support today and Ive been downloading 70gig for the ENTIRE day (2,5gb to go, yay).

I downloaded a 10gb game during the talk just to check the drive. Used 2 different insanely fast M2 drives, 600mbit connection, and Origin, Uplay AND Steam all download lightning fast to them.

i.imgur.c om/wolsDVo.png

Eco,

This is expected with Destiny 2 due to the installation method the game uses. It will download slower than other games on the Battle.net platform. It doesn’t mean anything is wrong with the connection, just that the method it downloads/installs is different than other games.

As long as it’s not erroring out the best thing you can do is just let it download.

sorry to hijack the thread, but I have been having the same issues, now if the downloading is different why is it that xbox one x downloads hardwired at the rate in which I expect it to be as per my service provider, yet through battle net app I saw a paltry 2.5meg download speed via hardwired connection to my PC which runs alot more processing speed, ram and faster ethernet capability…I`m calling BS on its the way it downloads sorry

Please also bear in mind both my PC and Xbox are both Windows platforms so I cant see how the DL can differ

ok here are my 2 cents many many moons after the original post:
i am not much of a gamer but i still like to believe i am lol so i am geared up for it with a 1GB cox connection my download speed “real DL speed” it’s about 633 MB constant, wired Ethernet connection less than 1 foot from Router. and i have been downloading WoW barely 30 Gb for almost 1 hour from 8.55 mb to now last 3GB to go @24.87mb anyhow it sucks.