Discord Severs about peoples ages

There are these custom games called chill or kill. They are just general servers where you can do nothing if you so want to. But there have been a group of people on a discord server discussing people over 21 years old and labeling them as pedos or creeps for just playing overwatch. Which is extremely rude in my opinion. I feel like this is approaching and/or crossing the line of the code of conduct.

Blizzard’s Code of Conduct is for actions taking place on their games / servers / forums.

I would imagine that discussions on a third party Discord server, regardless of the subject of said discussions, are outside of the remit of Blizzard’s authority.

1 Like

If the behavior occurs within Blizzard forums, game, or Battlenet chat application, please report it.

If it occurs outside of Blizzard then Blizzard has no ability to do anything. They have nothing to do with Discord. You would report through whatever methods Discord has to report.

Also there is the option to leave the server.

There was a reddit thread (take that with a lot of scepticism) about this behavior. It focused on a “movement” or trend within some predatory groups to get young people to view even a year age difference, people reading comics or watching Disney movies, etc as “creeps/pedos/abusers”. Then collecting information and in turn abusing the people they were “helping”. Apparently it caused kids to see their parents and relatives as bad for being 2 years apart in age, or a friend as bad for watching a new Disney movie. The groups encouraged people to find and talk about it sort of for internet clout in those groups.

It was creepy and I hope it is not true. Please report and stay away if it is true.

1 Like