Disconnected from Battle.net, please reconnect

Hi I got this error message when I tried to log in. I was reading that this could happen due to vpns, which I believe is my case.

I was playing while I had my work vpn logged in (I usually just leave that on since we are all wfh atm). Every once in a while, I will get kicked off of the work vpn and I have to restart it, but since I am on holiday, I decided to turn on my stock Norton vpn. After I turned on my Norton vpn and tried to log in, I got this error message, and have since been unable to log back in, from either work or without vpn.

1 Like

If you had tried or were successful in logging in with a VPN, then you most likely have been put on a temp time out. I think these usually last about 14 days. Hopefully a mod may chime in to tell you when you will be able to log in.

Just a little cautionary note, you can check here and there to see if you are able to log into BattleNet, yet do not try again with a VPN. If you attempt to log in with a VPN, the time out resets to that two week temp time out.

:alien: :dolphin:

yea i did not know about this. i just started playing with my friend about a week ago, and i’m always on my work vpn. so should i never be playing with my work vpn?

1 Like

Correct. This is one of those rotten easter eggs Blizz has lovingly stuffed into the game. VPN usage is a 14-day key ban. Congratulations! You found it! smh @ blizz…

i’m wanting to play with my friends over this thanksgiving break. was really looking forward to this :frowning:

i bought a new set of keys now, but am stuck at the “Checking Versions…” and then it fails and tells me to try again later. what’s up with that? is my ip address also banned?

Yes. The IP restriction may be 12-48 hours.

See if you can connect over a hotspot on your phone or something.

wow this is sooo lame

Hope your internets residential and not business because that’s a No no to