Disconnected and CD key in use by myself

Also having this issue, I can’t log in, says my cd key is being used, and I have waited about 6 hours already. I believe I was on my sorc character named SorcerWrist. Unfortunately now I’m starting to lose confidence in a smooth upcoming D2R release, when old D2 still is having issues 20 years later :confused: do you blame me? Sigh… please force log me out or whatever necessary to correct this issue… possibly a server restart because many people are having issues it appears.

Same thing happened to me. I cant get back in either.

I was playing a game and while I hitted ‘save & exit’ an conection to battlenet error poped up, it kicked me out of bnet and wont let me enter because it says my cdkey is being in use by myself… That was almost 20 hrs ago and the problem persists. Please help me resolve this issue.

Is there anything I could try? all I see is “wait” answers to similar topics and some of them talks about even months with the issue, please dont let it be that long!

The character’s name I was using is ‘Antaria’.

I have the same problem. I have 2 comps going and was in a game with my bo barb and my hammerdin. left game on one and got disconnected. now says cdkey is in use by me. the other one still logs on fine. so no clue what the problem is other than a bnet error I guess.

I’m strongly sure this bug is the same as the previous summer last year. If it’s true, a ladder reset can merely restore this status.

Hope it will help.

Its process has been ended in task manager. didnt fix it. Restarted pc, still cant play. I uninstalled and re installed both d2 and d2 lod 3 times and it still says my cd key is in use by me. this games the only thing i have…im drowning. I emailed support but thats gonna take another 24 hours. i spent 12 trying to fix it today. this is ridiculous.

1 Like

I bet there is no way to restore cd-keys of any sort until Blizzard makes a high maintenance especially the next ladder reset.

I am having the same problem

My CD Key has been locked for about 24 hours now. No word from Blizzard on any fix. They probably have more important things to worry about like their current on-going scandals, walk-outs, and disgruntled employees. This is not going to be a high priority for them.

mine is locked as well is there not a Dev that looks at this stuff and fixes issues. There is no phone number to call and really it is impossible to start a ticket on this issue.

Yep. Blizzard mainly cares for the newest games and rarely does a few maintenances with the original (retro) games created a while ago.

Hello everyone,

We are looking into reports of being unable to connect to Diablo 2 due to it showing the CD key is already in-use (by your own name).

If you haven’t already, please submit a ticket using the Contact Us button on this page and Customer Support can attempt to refresh your CD keys manually. If you are using a different set of CD keys that is not attached to the Battle.net account you’re logged in with please make sure to include those CD keys in your ticket description.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, i got the same problem my cd keys locked for more than 25 hours fix it plz! ty.

Or, hear me out… Do your job and reset all of our accounts. You can see ALL of our accounts seeing as we HAVE to log into here to post. Rather than how many hundreds of tickets ? O and here it is almost 24h and still an issue.

lol And here I thought I was the only one having this problem. Been close to 36 hours for me now.

Forum Tech Support agents are not CS GMs. They provide information and troubleshooting on the forums only - they don’t work for the same part of Blizzard . So, really, you are asking the wrong person to fix your account. Forum posts are not a substitute for tickets.

If you want assistance, you will have to follow the advice given to try putting in a ticket and see if CS can manually reset your key for you using their tools. Tools forum support agents don’t have.

Mine will not let me create a ticket. Account is either slow5087 or slow5.087. Coyote_vq is char name. Us east ladder. Sorry can’t remember account name but it’s one of those.

Your contact us make a ticket stuff doesnt work for me. the trace route stuff really doesnt even apply.

1 Like

Mine did the same thing. Lmao

I am having the same issue been 24hrs now and still says my CD key is being in use. I am having no luck with tickets as well…