Diablo II playing is against the rules?

Greetings everyone,

I was checking out the pinned thread “Temporary Restrictions” and in a linked site I found this marked as restriction causes:

• Scrolling through skill selection too quickly using the mouse wheel
  • Repeatedly leaving an area and coming back to change shop or gambling items
  • Repeatedly using a spell with no cast delay such as Amplify Damage or Glacial Spike

Now … why is doing those things can cause a restriction ?
Isn’t those things normal ?

Thanks

Think I got a 2 week ban after just buying the game and playing less than 10 hours for ‘entering and leaving games too quickly.’ Even though I was only leveling through chaos and Baal runs, so yeah, TRAGIC.

I can understand that this is done to work against bots and probably for server lag-latency. But you cannot ask me not to select skills quickly with mouse wheel or stop activating curses.
I guess blizzard never played with a necro vs diablo on normal difficulty …

Guys, this game is 20 years old.

Instead of supporting the people to play , they are restricting them, what a joke…
I have same issue too, cant log in.

Bigger institutions are supporing people to stay home , while blizzard is doing exactly the opposite… cant believe!

OMG - This is riduculous!
I can’t use the mouse wheel to switch skills?!!!

I just got “checking versions” while trying to kill Baals minions to get to hell.
I had been in the game for 10-15 min. and cannot think of anything I could have done (apart from switching skills to summon my bear and spirit) to get restricted. Blizzard, stop harrassing players who just want to enjoy a game Blizzard North created 20 years ago.

2 Likes