Diablo II: LOD - Cannot join games, and have queue to create new games

US-West; Non-Ladder. I am unable to join games from the battle.net section within the game. I can log in to battle.net, join chat channels, and create games, but I cannot join games, and when I create games I generally am 550+ in a queue for the game to start. This means if I disconnect, I lose any drops that I didn’t collect, and I have a guaranteed 10+ minute wait time before I can start actually playing again, in a newly created game.

I have been playing for about 2 weeks, and the problem happens every single time I play. The odd part is that I once fell asleep at my desk, woke up, and went to bed without logging out of the game. When I came back 8 hours later, I could join a game 1 time, but then when I left that game, I couldn’t see any games/players listed in the Join option afterward. So it seems the only way around this is to stay logged into the client but not playing, for 8+ hours, which seems extremely odd to me. If I just fire up my PC and immediately launch the game, I am not able to join games in progress.

I have seen several posts about this, and the recommendations to turn off the firewall, which I have tried many times, even so far as to completely turn off malware protection and windows defender, and that does not work. Whitelisting the .exe and folder in the firewall does not work either.

Any suggestions not related to firewalls that I could try?

2 Likes