Diablo 4 Beta crash at start up

Mine crashed twice, thought it was something unstable with my ram memory, thanks for the chroma. Just sad i have to wait in que again have been in que now since 2h ago…

There is nothing named LocalPrefs.txt in all game files dude should i delete and dowload again all game ?

Like two people have said already… It’s not in the game files, it’s a Diablo IV folder in your Documents folder. Not in Program Files.

This PC → Documents → Diablo IV → LocalPrefs.txt

Open LocalPrefs and type in DisableChromaEffects “1”, save, that should fix the crash

I can’t get game to stop crashing, never even get close to making it past queue. Queue screen will be up for maybe 3-5 min and then crash with “The application encountered an unexpected error”.

The error window says “Fenris” not Diablo IV though, not sure if that means something.

I’ve tried everything I could find online, including the DisableChromaEffects “1” update in localprefs.txt

5 Likes

Gotta say I love paying $80 for a game to get early access to the beta and not even be able to play it. I started trying to get in at 10:30. It’s now 4. Game has crashed three times and I’ve gotten a server error once. The rest of the time I’ve been sitting starting at the Queued for Login countdown. I’ve been able to play a total of maybe 3 minutes. Thanks, Blizzard.

4 Likes

I logged in after an hour, created my character, played for 5 minutes then the game crashed. I couldn’t log in again, still trying.

The game is sold digitally so Bliz precisely knows how many people have bought early access. I’d expect them to be prepared for the server load. I’m totally aware that betas can be buggy and may crash, but the login queue is a total disaster :(( We actually ‘paid’ for tonight and it literally turned out to be hell…

2 Likes

Same issue. Also tried reinstalling with no change.

You’re a legend mate this worked immediately

Same issue, now it’s crashing during the queue. Tried the Chroma fix windows updates, updated video card drivers admin cmd sfc /scannow etc… Still crashing

1 Like

Got the same issue, it is crashing during the queue.

anyones game crashing to bluescreen?

My game is crashing during the queue too
The DisableCromaEffects wont worked for me.

1 Like

What are they going to do about it? I am having the same crash problem, extend the beta window? or refunds?

So i found the
DisableChromaEffect “0”
So i just change the “0” to a “1”???
Thanks in advance/

Im having the same issue, diablo 3 works fine.

NEW pc geforce 3060 12gb? 16gb ram 13th gen i7 16gb ddr5

Changed Chroma to 1 - made it to the Prologue’s ‘second’ cabin and back to insta-blanked crash with just the “tell us what happened” -
This is the furthest I have made it since this morning.
Any more heroes out there? Blizzard? Y’all got anything?

While I agree with you on expectations for crashing and the queue is incredibly annoying… they DID shoot us all in the face by giving anyone who bought a KFC DoubleDown sandwich this same beta access.

0149A951-64D0-4A39-8913-6331BEEEF69E
Crashed right at the end of the “Descent” quest - pursuing Lilith… happened 3 times now :I plz it takes forever to get down there

same problem here, and i tried that fix "DisableChromaEffects “1"” not worked.

my system:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
RTX 2060 6gb
16gb ram

You are a prince among men