Diablo 2 (USEast) - Waiting lines to start games, erratic pings

This is the first season that I’ve played where there are long lines to start games and experience highly erratic ping times. The worst case scenario that I’ve seen so far is a wait time as long as 5 minutes just to start a game. When the wait times are long, the ping time is often highly erratic, ranging anywhere from 30ms to over 300ms which of course makes the game unplayable. I’ve monitored my connection while this is going on, and everything is fine on my end.

The problem seems most common on weekends.

Can something be done about this? Thanks.

Edit: It’s also worth noting that when this is happening, it feels just like it did during this seasons reset “hiccup”.

Edit 2: The problem seems to have eased up a bit once players started reaching 99 on the ladder. This tells me that a combination of people and (mostly) bots have eased up on running the race. Come on Blizzard, do something about the bots!

1 Like

What do you think thay can do with a blizzard north game besides nothing it’s nothing

This wasn’t a problem last season, yet it is now… So obviously something was changed. Thanks for your irrelevant response.

3 Likes

I was excited to finally return to Diablo 2 after years, because the recent announcement of Diablo 4 made me reminisce, but as I came back into the game it definitely isn’t what it used to be. I’ve experienced those queues and connection instabilities as well. Sad :’(

2 Likes

Can I please get some feedback on this problem? It seems like there hasn’t been any devs responding to any inquiries for the past week or two.

ya i sometimes get waiting line useast too. but so far only in the hundreds. europe is about the same, or maybe a bit laggier for me, but asia i always get 8k+… us west is smoothest for me, never seen a line here. i mainly play on uswest and useast.

is there a way to see the current population of logged in chars per server? something like on the main menu of star craft 1

This is an annoying issue, but its tertiary after the Fail to Create, Fail to join, Game is full when its not issues that are plaguing this game since reset time.

Two weeks later, still no response… Thanks for the awesome support. :-1:

Edit1 Feb 03, 2020: Now three weeks.

Edit2 Feb 10, 2020: Now a month… I give up. Evidently support for Diablo 2 is non-existent thanks to the botched War3:R release.

4 Likes

you are right my friend, d2 franchise is one of the biggest that they’ve created and still they dont give a f… for us. 20years later and we still try to play this game and nothing till now. Just to update your/our case:

Jun 10, 2020: Still nothing, no support, no worries about who still want to play

and they are making effort to make diablo4 look like 2… nice!!
Congratz Blizz :wink:

1 Like

just little comment, I’m getting 9330 queue some games, the other 3000 something.

LOL, thanks for the update… I bet a Blizz rep will come by shortly and lock the thread without any response.

cough bots are the cause cough

2 Likes

hahahha they probably will not, cause they dont give a sh… for what is going on… remember 2018 when I tried also to complain about this and? we are here still haha

btw, dont need to cough, the bots are the real issue =/
even if they dont want to check what is going on, the queues wouldnt bother us to come here

I got qeue of 2500 before creating every game !

blizz want kill this masterpiece for newbees players keep playing that !@#$ game that is d3
after all this diablo 2 and diablo 1 still a masterpiece.
What you have from diablo 3?
nothing a cartoon game with color

1 Like

blizzard incompetence is the problem the bot are the excuse I.E. blizzards poor attempt at a solution for the bots

Reporting in that there are game lines in excess of 3400 , and that the chat functionality is still broken as of 9/12/2020 (now 9/15/2020)

Oh don’t worry, they’re working on the problem… At least that’s what they keep telling us.

Results, Blizzard! We want results! Fix the problem!

Not sure if changes were made, but my last 4 games were created instantly, USEast ladder. That, AND my chat is working. THANK YOU