[diablo 2] suddenly not able to connect to battle.net

I have nearly the exact same issue as the one that TheDarkJedi posted, which started happening to me since last week. I’ve been playing the game for years and can’t figure out how to link my CD keys to my main blizzard account, so I bought some new ones a couple months ago (still can’t figure out how to link them) and started playing again on West Ladder.

Then, this week I’m getting “Checking versions…”, “You were disconnected from Battle.net. Please reconnect.”

I read some of the support content and realized that I may have tried to connect from home before my VPN for work was off and caused this, so I kept checking to see when this would be lifted so I can play again. With how many bots that are playing in the game, seemingly vastly outnumbering the actual player base, I figured I would be lifted shortly. I saw something saying that checking back could extend the lock out. So, I waited more than the 48 hours it suggested by about double, and still can’t get in.

I’d really like to know how long this is going for so I know when I can get back in and play (and also if it’s possible to link my new keys to my main blizzard account, so I don’t have to keep re-purchasing new keys when I want to play the game every few years).

1 Like

Experiencing similar issue, when will this be resolved?

@Blizzard Can a rep kindly check for me on this issue?

Same here, im playing from afghanistan with vpn since im here on an Army mission but cant login anymore with the same message.

I opened a support ticket and it seems that they don’t support playing from a VPN, and that it will restrict you from playing the game for at least 2 weeks if you try to connect from a VPN or a business line.

Indeed. Here’s a support article on it.

1 Like