Diablo 2 rez missing gear

hey all i was in hell headed to forge with my brother and died on the way there, instead of leaving the game and losing exp i decided to put on extra gear i had on in my stash to get me there to clear my body but ended up dying and disconnecting at the same time. when i logged back into the game i only had one body and my trash stash gear one. is there a way for me to get back my other body/gear or am i screwed? :disappointed_relieved:

No, there are no second by second logs in the Diablo games. As a result there are no in-game services provided. GMs canā€™t see what happened to gear, chars, etc.

In your case the game was working as intended. The death mechanic is very very harsh and if you are not careful you can lose all your gear.

If you leave the game and come back, the game gives you the corpse with the highest vendor gold value which can be a cheap white staff/wand/armor. Those sell for more than runewords and things.

You can read more about it on the original D2 website. The Arreat Summit - Basics: Character Information

Here is part of it

Multiple Corpses/Losing Items!
A player may have up to 16 corpses.

Realm Characters: The corpse with the most gold value (in items) will be saved between games. So keep this in mind when putting on equipment to recover your corpse. Your original body with your equipment should save unless you manage to equip yourself with a greater value of equipment, die, then leave the game.

Open Characters: Only your oldest corpse is saved between games. Make sure you go back and recover your original body with your equipment before leaving the game.

Warning on recovering your corpse
If you needed +Strength or +Dexterity items to equip other weapons or pieces of armor, you may have to re-equip these items manually. When you click on your corpse, the game attempts to re-equip your items to where they were before your death, but this depends largely on the order in which your items are picked up. For example, armor that requires more than your base Strength will not be equipped if the game attempts to place it before placing the item that increased your Strength enough to wear the armor. In this case, the armor will return to your inventory; if you do not have enough room, it will remain on the corpse. Check your inventory and make sure that all of your items have been re-equipped correctly.

Body Count
Having Difficulty recovering your corpse?
If you canā€™t find your corpse, or if itā€™s too dangerous to retrieve it with your current equipment, simply exit and re-enter the game. Your corpse, and all of its items, will appear near your starting point in town. The only drawback is that you will lose any gold your character dropped when he died and you will give up the chance to regain 75% of your lost experience on Nightmare and Hell Difficulty. This is a good option for Nightmare and Hell difficulties, in which death results in lost experience. The corpse will appear at your starting point, typically near the point where Town Portals appear in town: In Lut Gholein, this area is at the bottom right of town. In Kurast, it is next to Meshif. You should be able to find your corpse easily if you explore the town.

Character Saving/Loading and Corpses
Periodically, Battle.net will automatically save every character playing in every Diablo II game. Your character will also be saved when you choose ā€œSave and Exit Gameā€ from the ā€˜Escā€™ menu. If you die and leave a game without retrieving your corpse, it will be placed in town at the beginning of the next game you join or start.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.