Diablo 2 Resurrected? Remaster! Will it be announced for Diablo 2 20th anniversary?!?

These are the latest rumors about a Diablo 2 Remaster called Diablo 2 Resurrected.

You will need to replace the DOT with a . for the links to work.

At 12 mins Diablo 2 game cover is on stage
youtuDOTbe/TwJHhFuX-FI

Twitter leak
twitterDOTcom/Nari_Ju/status/1258091848939249666

www.actugamingDOTnet/blizzard-diablo-2-resurrected-sortirait-fin-2020-329561/

Can anyone confirm Diablo 2 Resurrected is real?

Update
forbesDOTcom/sites/paultassi/2020/05/10/report-diablo-2-resurrected-remaster-coming-this-year-built-by-former-destiny-2-support-studio/#13db1b253c50

1 Like

Don’t believe everything you find on the internet. Getting excited over leaks or rumors you find is just setting yourself up for a big disappointment if/when it doesn’t happen. People who make fake news have a lot of practice making it seem as legitimate as they possibly can.

Even if the leaks/rumors are true, Blizzard could at any time decide to scrap the project. They aren’t going to announce anything until they are 100% sure they are committed to its release, mainstream support for at least a few years and extended support just to keep the game running.

1 Like

Lies and evin more lies

1 Like

I wouldn’t get excited man. So far Starcraft remastered turned out to be an anime-like pile of graphic vomit, and I am not hearing good things on the Warcraft remake…

Praying the game doesn’t get ruined… or atleast the option of not using the remaster similarly to broodwar.

I like WC3 but all they did in the “remastered” version was make everything kinda look like WoW. Nothing else was really added. If they remaster D2, then I am praying that they don’t botch it by making it looking like a cheesy version of D3

4 Likes

I Run svens glide, screen captured via OBS, sharpened and bit and colour corrected if possible, then preview fullscreen on Monitor i play on (3 monitor setup, way sharper and everything looks so much better, can really notice it on ground textures in a5 on sharpness of the cobble.
image bit.ly/d2-2020

1 Like

If they remaster d2 no one will play.

2 Likes

Yeah, thats the feeling I got from the starcraft remake, from Diablo 3, from Diablo 4. It’s like, WoW was such a success back in the day, they think all their fans want similar effects, but yet here we are with Blizzard’s head honchos telling us the fans don’t know what they want…

To top it off, they don’t remember WoW players and Diablo II players ALWAYS talked sh*t to one another and almost unanimously (on both sides) thought their own game was good, their opposed was trash…

Now they make Diablo titles similar to WoW and scratch their heads as to why the community doesn’t like it!

4 Likes

A nice simple remake would be to recreate the graphics(If possible), take out the annoying mechanics like having to tab for loot and drops being a free for all, and adding some new rune words.

Stash mechanics and free for all drops are intentional. Just as much as free pvp.

You are suppose to feel limited and that you have to make choices and feel danger of playing with other people who can lie, cheat, steal, and murder you.

Diablo isn’t a carebear universe. The game is about HELL and DEMONS!!

9 Likes

EXACTLY!!!

EVERYTHING HAS IMPLIED AND INTENTIONAL CONSEQUENCES THAT AFFECTS DECISIONS!!!

well put sir.

1 Like

Or just play the Grim Dawn remake that is already complete.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347

Spoken like a true griefer…

How did you set that up?

forbesDOTcom/sites/paultassi/2020/05/10/report-diablo-2-resurrected-remaster-coming-this-year-built-by-former-destiny-2-support-studio/#13db1b253c50

Replace DOT with .

You say that like it’s a good thing…

Bump

Stick to one thread please.

griefing = content

all hail open pk games

1 Like

The title “BUILT BY FORMER DESTINY 2 SUPPORT STUDIO” is misleading.

The source only says that "the Vicarious Visions studio that would support Blizzard for this Diablo 2 Resurrected". The word “support” suggests that VV is not the major developer.

Will Diablo 2 Resurrected be announced for Diablo 2 20th anniversary ?!??

I think so!