Diablo 2 not working on latest mac OS Catalina

I’m really surprised Blizzard hasn’t at least updated the game information to include a disclaimer that this game isn’t currently compatible with Catalina. It wouldn’t be a hard thing to do and at least it should prevent further disappointment.

2 Likes

Yup just bought this game 10 mins ago, I’m glad I’m not the only one with the problem, but I also wish i was playing Diablo 2. Never played it before and I heard it was amazing and should give it a shot.

Count me in as well folks… I was hoping to get started on D2 again to hold me over until D4 drops. HELP US BLIZZ :slight_smile:

Same here, just bought it yesterday and was looking so forward to the nostalgia then doesn’t run… :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

I really hope you do something about this Blizzard! :slight_smile:

Same here. Plz update to 64bit.

I just bought this game 3 hours ago
I cannot even launch the downloader.app to download the game.

yup i guess i am also here, waiting for this to be resolved

same boat here just like every Juan else

1 Like

Why can’t they just patch before a new update comes up. This thing also happened between macOS 10.13 and 10.14

We love this game and we wish to keep playing it!

Please solve the problem soon. Just can’t wait!

Please solve problem soon. I just bought the game today and there is no warning at all or any system check to make sure it run properly.

I would just like to say sorry to those blaming Apple but apple didn’t create the problem they just refused to support 32 bit any more ( 2 + years of notification ). And to top this off they, Blizzard have had an amazing amount of time to either let their loyal customers know that buying it, if you have the latest update of Mac OS, will mean not being able to play it. Or maybe in the last, I don’t know, 2 years that they have known this would happen just fix it. I’m not overly happy about this as you can tell. PLEASE, PLEASE Blizzard put up a sign to say don’t buy if you have Catalina.

9 Likes

Really hope this issue will be fixed soon!

Add me to the list. Hoping they update for 64-bit!

It has been almost a month now since the last blue post. Can we please get an update on the issue? A rough estimate would be nice.

1 Like

Apple warned users for months prior to Catalinas release about its running 64 bit apps only. Apple also had the OS display “this app is not optimized…” message when starting up a 32 bit game.

Same here! I’ve opened a CS ticket, but CS doesn’t have an ETA on a fix. This forum thread seems to be the only way to have an update on when the fix will be released. Let’s wait together then!

1 Like

Blizz…please address us and fix this

1 Like

Blizzard pls patch the game to 64 bit I really wanna play on my Mac :frowning:

1 Like