Diablo 2 not working on latest mac OS Catalina

If Microsoft can port AoE 2 in HD with 64 bit compatible OS, Blizzard can do too… Blizzard, help us!!!

2 Likes

Adding my voice here as well

1 Like

Adding my desire to see a fix…

i realize that apple created the problem, but i also believe that blizzard was aware it was coming, and doesn’t care as other games will generate more revenue, and believes that this isn’t a priority.

1 Like

Diablo IV got announced and I thought “let’s dive back to D2!” but sadly Catalina won’t allow it. A fixed would be really nice!

2 Likes

So are you guys at Blizzard actually working on something here ?
Should we expect a fix ? Soon ? (Blizzard soon ?)

I have no clue of what it takes to rebuild the game for 64bit architectures but I really want this to be done.
There’s a whole community you’re turning your back on. That is really not cool.

1 Like

Sadly its not possible for all of us to roll back to the older versions.

1 Like

I Just bought the D2 to revive great moments in Sanctuary, but now I’m facing the same issue :confused:

The way for now will be bootcamp a windows image… Please, Blizzard, don’t let us down.

waiting … builds … anticipation …

I disagree. As large of a company as Blizzard is, they should actively be aware of the upgrades occurring on both PC and Mac and they should be making sure that their software is either compatible or that it can’t be purchased for those running the most up to date software so that they don’t have angry customers. Instead they just slap a “all sales final” on it and give you a “we’ll work on it (I guess)” as a reply - while in the meantime we are left in this limbo.

4 Likes

Blizzard - give us an update please.

3 Likes

Another one to the list, i hope to see some news soon, but i saw all the comments and the lack of replies by Blizzard, so i’m not really confident about this.

Adding my name to the list. Actually had plans to buy a new copy of the game and introduce my friend to Diablo 2 this week but this is putting those plans on hold.

I’m having the same issue with the installer! :frowning:

1 Like

Count me in, I‘m waiting for the fix too.

I’m in the same boat. I’m really hoping for a fix soon.

I’ve been refreshing this thread everyday hoping for some updates from Blizzard.

7 Likes

In my opinion - since they are offering refunds (for recent purchases) until this gets resolved, I think that the 64 bit update is not coming anytime soon. If they knew that the update will be released in few days/weeks, they would just ask to wait a little while and would not offer refunds.

No updates no nothing, this makes me sad. IF they are working on the issue there should be no reason not to update us. I doubt this issue will be resolved. I hope to be proved wrong soon enough, please.

How do I get the refund for my recent purchase of diablo 2?

Contact support. I have seen several mentions from users that they were issued a refund regarding this situation.