Diablo 2 not working on latest mac OS Catalina

I support the work to make Diablo II LoD compatible with Mac Catalina :slight_smile:

What if Blizzard creates the 64 bit that works on Mac, will you be able to move your progress to that version let’s say late 2021?

I was so excited to play LOD… aw man.

1 Like

here is a solution, though it is not cheap or easy. buy windows 10 and install that on the mac. as i said, not cheap or easy but, it is a solution.

cant believe you guys are still bothering with blizzard its been a year and no fix

1 Like

Of course we bother. :smiley: It’s D2.

Remaster confirmed ;)))

Shouldn’t this be considered a scam by this point? just by going with the amount of people here who have said they’ve bought the game and just found out it doesn’t work… blizzard has made well over 400+ bucks just giggling about it. Ik there’s a remaster in the works but I didn’t for t h a t.

I just purchased few days ago. After clicking the downloader, it shows, “Downloader” needs to be updated. Contact developer…blah blah blah.

If 64bit D2 LOD is indeed being worked on, perhaps blizzard could look at working with independent projects such as Project Diablo 2 and others. They do really good work though only for PC.

And with Apple now using their own M1 chip, now is a great time to rework D2 LOD. It’s mind-boggling Blizzard choose not to see the huge potential in this.

Any updates On this Blizzard team? If not, what is the process of getting a refund?

Now Big Sur is available, I guess no way to play D2 on mac os anymore :frowning:

Guys, Blizz does NOT care. You must understand that company which made D2 is no more. Now the whole Blizz is just a big chinese scam.

I just bought Diablo II for my Mac to play with a few friends. Turns out it isn’t supported by Big Sur. Maybe you should warn us about that before saying that it’s compatible with Mac. I’d like a refund, please.

It’s always a good idea to look up the system requirements before purchasing any software.

Next to “System requirements”, click “Mac”:

Operating System
Mac® OS X 10.12 (latest version) Note: As a 32-bit application, Diablo II will not run on any systems running Mac® OS X 10.15 (Catalina) or later

It may not stick out like a sore thumb, but it’s there.

1 Like

just keep waiting for the update. . .

Just purchased DL2 because it stated it ran on MacOS … Sadly, this is not the case … Please update or provide refunds. Hundreds of people are running into this issue you cannot just keep ignoring this. A statement please.

Migrated to MacBook running Catalina (can’t downgrade).
It would appreciated being able to play Diablo II:LoD since we can’t reliably connect to the Diablo 3 servers while deployed in Iraq and Kuwait.

And hey, some 16:9 / 16:10 aspect ratio (1066x600 / 960x600 resolution respectively) would be the Sabre Cat’s meow! :smirk_cat:

Hello everyone,

Please see the pinned post at the top of this forum for the latest update regarding Diablo II Mac support.

1 Like