[Main Thread] Diablo 2 In Game Chat Issues

seems like half of the games you cant talk to people. as in no chat at all you can still whisper and do the !chat thing.whats going on? this really sucks for trad games and trying to play with your buds

7 Likes

usually it’s gone in 5 minutes. the chatbugged games have unbearable lag as well.

2 Likes

yea. just stopped working for me on ladder east. cant even submit a freaking support ticket for the issue.

1 Like

permanent chatbug blanket throughout entire games and obscene lag?

2 Likes

welcome to battlenet

2 Likes

I’ve never seen chat bug effect an entire game of people, it’s usually a single person at a time.

1 Like

Hey, everyone! Thank you for your reports! We’ve gone ahead and informed our team about this issue, but with it being the weekend, we may not hear much until the weekday. By chance, does the problem go away after waiting for 5-10 minutes?

I’ll check back tomorrow to see if we can get any more information or have someone take a look into this. If there’s any new information, we’ll update this thread with more information!

2 Likes

The problem does not go away after waiting 5-10 minutes. Have been in my own private battle.net game for over an hour and the chatbug still persists.

2 Likes

Yup, got it too. Does not go away.

1 Like

It’s not your normal 5 min bug, it’s a blanket on entire games. Ive been in 1 game in the past 48 hours in which people could chat.

1 Like

Thank you, all! There were some server issues the other day and everything recovered. It seems to have caused some issues with the chat and game from functioning properly for some folks. This may require a restart or a fix from our developers or engineers. With it being the weekend, we may not be able to get much traction today, but I’ll see if we can get any push on this tomorrow from our team. Thank you for your patience and understanding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to see what happens with this issue this week. I’ve had this chat bug issue since Saturday night and on/off for a few days before hand. It makes a lot of game play difficult.

1 Like

I’ve given our team another nudge today to see if we can get any more information here! I’ll update you all once we have some additional information on the chat issues.

1 Like

Same here still no Chat…making it hard to play.

1 Like

Same here still no Chat!

1 Like

It is hard for bot users and d2jsp users to controll their bots and tradings without a chat :smiley: :smiley: , good job blizzard u finally hit the bots and d2jsp users in bulls eye!

yea the bots etc the go around the ingame chat with the !chat. so all this is really doing is just making it more difficult for actual players

Any update ? This is insane that its taken this long. Ruining the game for thousands of players :frowning:

1 Like

Having this issue as well. Just reinstalled to get on for some D2 action with a friend. Not able to talk in games at all. Thought it was me, but it’s weird that other people are having it. Any word on a fix?

The chat issue is frustrating issue and I know many of you highly rely on the chat feature to be fully functioning, plus it can help with the in-game experience.

This issue is a more complex than expected. Because of the complex nature of the issue, this is not a situation that can be promised a quick fix or a time table on when there may be a fix for the issue. What I can say is that our team is aware of the issue and working on a few things related to the issue to help alleviate some of the problems, though it may not fully go away until we have the resources available to fully address the chat issue.

Keep in mind that, we only reply to a thread like this when we have meaningful updates. We may not have much updates on this for awhile, so we may not reply to this thread consistently, but we read each and every one of your posts. Please feel free to continue posting!

Finally, please be advised that we cannot address suggestions or feedback in Technical Support. To submit this type of feedback, please post in #diablo-ii-general-discussion.

Your reports and patience during this time is greatly appreciated while awaiting for more details and information here. I know this wasn’t the answer you all were hoping for and I wish we had better news here, but our team is aware of the issue and continually working on improving and fixing what we can in the meantime. Thank you all for your reports!

4 Likes