Diablo 2 CDKey In Use By Myself for Months now

Hello, I own a LAN center (people can play video games here on computers provided by me and they pay hourly rate for tthe computers) I have been in operation for many years and the whole time I’ve had diablo 2 on all my computers. Recently my customers started telling me that diablo 2 did not work online because the cdkey was in use by the same user, it turns out that they are all in use by me. I currently have 30ish cdkeys in use by myself and they have been in use by myself for over a month, I have tried power cycling resetting my network hardware and all other methods mentioned by blues. How can i get this fixed? reset is coming and I usually have a full house of customers who play diablo 2.

2 Likes

Did you register all the cd keys on separate b net accs with different e mails or did you Register them all to one account/email if that’s the case that’s why it ain’t working you have to register a b net account/ email for each CD key so have fun makeing over 30 plus e mails for all thos cd keys but for all blizzard knows this could be a big lie and you could just be a third-party website selling blizzards IP for real $

Blizzard locked you out because what you are doing violates the EULA under section C. iii. (i.).

Prohibited Commercial Uses: Exploit, in its entirety or individual components, the Platform for any purpose not expressly authorized by Blizzard, including, without limitation (i) playing the Game(s) at commercial establishments (subject to Section 1.B.v.3.)

Section 1.B.v.3. …X 30

You may not transfer your rights and obligations to use the Platform.

they would ban the keys, they wouldnt have them in use by myself. if a blizzard rep wants to ban them thats fine. if you read recent posts on this forum this problem has been happening since mid 2018’s
please dont spam here

2 Likes

We are also only permitted to have up to 8 connections per ip, not 30, and we are not permitted to join classic bnet with vpns, proxies, nor business isps.

Ps, your 30 keys are banned from bnet, they are not disabled. Jurannok posted 10 hours ago in another thread, that person has been part of the support forums for about a decade and has a pretty good handle as to what’s going on with their restrictions. I wonder if the reason they didn’t respond to you is due to your self confessed criminal activities using Blizzard’s games and platform.

Jesus are you dumb mate?
they keys arent banned
you literally are just spamming, please take it elsewhere. your input here is not forwarding the conversation at all.

2 Likes

I’m happy I could help. Maybe turn over a new leaf and don’t charge people to play on free bnet. That’s of course if your keys ever get unjailed.

Hey there Frosty,

I don’t see any temp restrictions from the account you’re contacting from. So thankfully we’re good on that front.

The most common cause for the “Key in use” error is a network disconnect. It can take some time for the servers to kick the account offline after a disconnect happens.

The best thing to do is power cycle the network and wait for the servers to kick the account offline.

Outside of that, please keep in mind that the current setup is unsupported. As other players mentioned in this thread the use of this many accounts from a single user may cause temporary restrictions in some cases. Please also keep in mind that the account holder is held responsible for any shared users. This does mean if any users on the network cause a temporary restriction, the account holder is held responsible.

That said I do hope this info helps and I’m glad there isn’t any current restriction in place. Likely just a disconnect that caused the original issue which should resolve itself in time.

Cheers!

3 Likes

my account is doing this as well… is there any way to manually fix this?

i’ve tried to log in atleast 6-7 times throughout the day and it’s still “in use”…

i’m not seeing evidence of any “temp” restriction being it’s persistant.

1 Like

Closing this out since it’s been inactive for some time. There’s currently a known issue with Diablo II that we’re looking into, please refer to this thread.